The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Specs for a new On Line Opinion

Specs for a new On Line Opinion

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All
I'm looking at moving On Line Opinion across to WordPress, and I wondered what features users of OLO might like in a new version.

I have some ideas, but I'd rather hear yours first.

However, there are some sophisticated sites which use WordPress, so they might be worth looking at before you comment. An Australian one is
www.crikey.com.au; and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ is an overseas one.

I'm also interested in knowing what devices you might like to use to access OLO. I can see what percentage use mobile devices now from the stats, but that doesn't take account of people who might like to use mobile devices but find it difficult, so don't, for example.

Forum software is another issue. We currently treat our forums threads like a second class type of article. Would we be best off incorporating that approach in a new version, or would something closer to a forum work better.

Some questions to kick-off. There may be others later.
Posted by GrahamY, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 1:39:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wordpress is a good idea so why not just use their BBPress forum software?
http://bbpress.org/
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 2:20:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I as you will know use only desk top at home.
Am happy with forum but will follow any change.
I think we need to ask who is paying for the changes.
Is there a need to increase funding?
Will watch thread with interest.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 2:37:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Editable comments.

Retractable comments.

Threaded comments.

Article ratings.

Comment ratings.

Posted by Jon J, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 3:11:26 PM
A do-gooder filter ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 3:33:35 PM
Or...we could each have an individual filter...

Graham, I like most of the current format on OLO.

I think we could try and have more articles on other subjects than politics.
Could we perhaps have a section for political articles, and then another for general news?

Cheers,
Suse.
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 4:37:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy