The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gender equality at any cost

Gender equality at any cost

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
With the announcement of Tony Abbotts new cabinet, it's no surprise that the feminists are out in force, as there is only one woman on the front bench.

So I ask these opponents to the appointment, which women should be on the front bench, who should they replace, and why?

Because quite frankly, if it's only another gender war, then it's time to either put up, or shut up, because people in top jobs MUST BE appointed due to expertise, not gender, otherwise we will have the situation of gender equality at any cost.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 7:31:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Feminists are a different breed Rechtub.
I feel sorry on this issue for our Tony.
He has very little Females who also have talent in his team.
Come to think of it, nah let that one go.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 8:05:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
First let us look from a reality point of view.
Unlike short sighted Charlie Di had at least 3 lovers post the hissy fit at finding Charlie doing what his predecessors alway did, have an affair.
But Did had two children who took the line waiting for the crown to three Charlie and the kids.
How would any on of Dis bit on the side become HMK?
Royals need not have murdered her, she was well on the way to becomeing non Royal and a bit of a scandal.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 8:12:51 AM
Gender equality at any cost....

Oh yeah, rehctub.

Here's a peek at Abbott's "team":

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/cartoons
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 9:21:59 AM
I'm not at all surprised with Abbotts man-heavy front bench.
He needs all his boys around him to boost his action man appeal.
He reminds me of Vlad Putin in so many ways.

His condescending comment that good women were 'knocking at the doors of the front bench' made me cringe.

You can't tell me that there was only one woman in the Coalition party that was qualified to sit on the front bench?
Then again, if Julie Bishop was the benchmark, maybe that is true.

All those women who were fooled by Abbotts apparent 'change' into a moderate conservative in the last year before the election will be shocked.

I knew it all along.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 9:58:02 AM
Well, what do you know, A cabinet selected on ability, not affirmative action. Should be a big improvement in quality of government.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 10:14:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy