The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > NRL was Queensland robbed?

NRL was Queensland robbed?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Cowboys have every right to think so.
For those not fans of the game a heated dislike of each other exists between NSW and QLD on the field.
And last year as well as this North QLD Cowboys had clearly wrong decisions cost them games in the finals.
And saw them end the session unfairly.
Why then is this NSW tragic and supporter of the team that ran second last telling about this?
While my sport is not subject of much talk here, apart from Rechtub and me.
We must consider and ask just why are the vast majority of NRL fans are questioning and talking about referees.
Asking is our game fair dinkum.
And my following comments unlike as they will be are majority ones.
Soccer yesterday felt the harsh truth, crime has infiltrated it.
League once the working mans joy seems welded in the hands of gamblers and criminals.
For 12 years no NRL fan has had confidence in those in control of games referees and their bosses.
A future search and look back, in say 20 years need look no further than the $10.000 fines! for coaches who dare question? referees.
And have no doubt it is that group not players who may be found to have been far less than honest.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 16 September 2013 7:39:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My comments may seem harsh.
Even a fans bitterness, but I am no fan of both Queensland teams.
It could be worth understanding this sport like any other is adictive.
Too mates made while playing the game are for ever.
I can a sure readers my comments are shared, all over this country.
And if buying a paper or getting a cab, even getting a hair cut, the thought emerges both think the game is no longer fair dinkum.
And my views on referees? not just as in my first post but truely unprintable.

Gambling stole the heart our of Australian sport.
It now owns NRL remember the N stands for National.
To even think of cleaning up NRL and maybe other sports we must stop the betting houses .
Teams in WA and South Australia did not get a fair chance .
Murdock , the man behind our near death *super League* owned Melbourne Storm Souths are in private hands Broncos too.
The ten thousand dollar fine, for saying it like it is, is proof enough our game is in trouble/openly bent.
No hard feelings Queenslanders I understand and share your pain.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 16 September 2013 11:51:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just one more foul up, from the business interests that took over the game.

I started to loose interest in club stuff with the super league fiasco, & finally stopped watching even state of origin a few years back.

Every time I even start to get interested, something like this reminds me it is a mugs game today.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 16 September 2013 6:26:00 PM
Yes Belly, what's actually tragic is that there were no fewer than SIX officials, officiating on that game, and NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM picked it up.

Talk about asleep at the wheel.

These so called first class refs are on thousands per game and, as you rightly say, like it or not, there is a lot of money at stake, not only in prize money, but also sponsorship.

Furthermore, the game has adopted this culture of sacking coaches, mid season, for under performing, so why not refs.

My suggestion, if it is found there is an error, and that error leads to points, then if the offending team wins by that amount of points, or less, then they should decide the game via the golden point rule.

At least then the team on the wrong end of the deal gets a chance to reclaim their win.

As for the officials, all six should take no further part in this seasons finals.

Go the rabbits, my second pick!
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 16 September 2013 6:38:59 PM
with a bit of luck soccer will overtake this mugs amusement. A game with a proper round ball & skill instead fumbling brutism & all will be good.
Posted by individual, Monday, 16 September 2013 7:28:59 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/refs-howler-proof-that-captains-call-would-work-20130916-2tv79.html
Rechtub this mornings link is one of ten that could have been placed here.
The fact all six officials have been stood down will not weaken the cowboys case, the game should be replayed.
Hasbeen many think like you.
I played and love forever the game.
But consider it it enemy hands.
One Link called for a multi thousand dollar fine,for the games highly paid under worked top dogs.
Yet far more than sport is at risk here,this country can not ever again point at any other and claim rampart corruption is the way things work, we have that down to pat and are letting it slip past us.
Still, I knew few would want to get involved in this thread, most are fixed anti sport or AFL fans.
I am grateful however to have got the chance to comment, with news papers and TV owning our game,and fineing honest men, for being honest.
I doubt other places would print any comment linked to the truth, the game is bent.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 7:52:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy