The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Big Brother is about to pounce

Big Brother is about to pounce

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Does anybody really believe that all these "emergency" laws they are putting in place for the G20 meeting will ever be repealed.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 13 September 2013 7:38:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes and for me? no doubt exists
Posted by Belly, Friday, 13 September 2013 7:55:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah well, at least they are not as bad as what the G20 has already
adopted for Bank Bail-Ins using the depositors money to pay off the Bank's debtors.
Australia has signed up to it.
It will be interesting to see if the Abbott government introduces the
enabling legislation.
Or did Julia or Kevin already do that ?

Wayne Swan signed up for it early in 2013 at the G20 meeting.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 13 September 2013 8:36:09 AM
any/more details chris?

what laws..where posted?
full law..or summery?..

mate qld govt is unconstitutional*

peter beaty..rewrote it under act 70/?..2012..[or there abouts]
he is a lawyer..he knew govt to/be unconstitutional..in qld..soput a lot of stuff into the addendum..wrote it all into the act..[constitution act/2002]

and so im told
he even ratified it..by signing..*it himself..lol

so even that act of the
constitute/prostitute/..*peter beat-up/bleaty..

BUT again..it..isnt signed....into law..
lawfully..by queen..nor gg..only reportedly..pb
Posted by one under god, Friday, 13 September 2013 10:00:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One under God,

I helped put this man in power but I don't believe a word he says about this. My family live in this zone and they have been told they have to fine somewhere else to moor their boat.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/g20-police-powers-necessary-newman/story-fnihsfrf-1226716653744

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/strip-searches-approved-in-massive-police-powers-boost-for-g20-forum-in-brisbane-cbd/story-fnihsrf2-1226703817810?from=public_rss

My simple answer to everyone's problem would be to hold these talks on some remote island and let ordinary people get on with their lives.

I live in Cairns where we have a huge problem with indigenous people camping in CBD parks and gardens. Are they going to try and make them move or just shoot them as potential terrorists?
We have police now that cannot cope with the indigenous population so when the G20 mob come here all hell will break out.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 13 September 2013 12:30:05 PM
One under God,
How would you like one of these monsters driving up and down your leafy waterfront street while you are tending the garden?

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2012/08/07/231809_local-news.html

My wife goes to the shop and buys some eggs. She is immediately considered a potential terrorist?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-10/lawyers-fear-new-police-powers-for-brisbane-cairns-g20/4949138
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 13 September 2013 12:37:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy