The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > equal pay form women?

equal pay form women?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I joined the NSW Public Service in 1977. I was then a Clerical Assistant and gained a promotion to a position of Clerk. I am still employed in the NSW Public Sector. At no time in this period have I been aware of male or female pay rates within the Awards I have been paid under.
With the many discussions on the Pay Equity cases, I am not aware of which Industrial Awards in both NSW and Australia have male and female rates of pay.
Can you please advise where I can find a website which shows the male and female rates – if they exist – in various Awards.
Many thanks,
Posted by Bibbie, Thursday, 5 September 2013 4:21:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
could the under paying
be linked to..the free maternal...PAID leave ..thing only woman need..and only..*our public servants and elites got/..had..*before ?

then/when labor..gave it to all*..[panic]

tony..had to go..*one better..
KNQWING his party..[or the greens[..will reject it.,.

KNOWING..via his dna..
it will in the end fail

next the poor will.YET AGAIN..get shafted..in the end..
when that gifted toall..too goes..under the literal liberal..spin
Posted by one under god, Friday, 6 September 2013 8:26:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
bibbie
if belly was here..he would know
but the old unionist..is out*..trying to save his beloved union/party

he would say equal work=equal pay!

but equal conditions?
do public service..even..have unions?
if you dont or do..ring the trade..union..they are there..for you

belly should be back..sunday morning
maybe only briefly..as he goes back to count the vote[or rather..keep the public servants..honest]..but there is much more here

but by..monday [at the latest]..rest assured..you will know
Posted by one under god, Friday, 6 September 2013 9:59:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Bibbie,

The following website may help:

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

You may also try Googling -
"NSW Award Rates."
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 6 September 2013 10:59:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<Can you please advise where I can find a website which shows the male and female rates – if they exist – in various Awards>

There is NO difference. It is illegal.

However where apples are compared with oranges it is always possible to 'prove' anything. For instance, male workers typically work more overtime and their take home pay may be higher. Although overtime is being cut out of many workplace agreements, which is a very sad day for workers and buries Australia's world renowned 8/8/8 day.

http://www.8hourday.org.au/images/monument.asp?URL=../news_archive.asp

Also, feminists like Julia Whatshername, the one who carried a long knife and used it, decreed that some occupations that had more women workers should have their pay increased. She did not see equity being delivered by the free market. For some occupations she might have been right, but she was blind to the occupations where the majority of working poor were men.

However, now that there are very well paid and comfortable sinecures for those educated middle class feminists, such as in the Office of Women with Status, there will be constant beavering away to show inequality. They have the wordsmiths and nags to do that full time.

All jolly good reasons for workers to put the rubbish out in Canberra tomorrow.
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 6 September 2013 12:11:10 PM
Dear Bibbie,

I trust that the website that I gave you earlier will
be of some help in your reasearching this issue.
I've since come across two more links that may provide
you with further insights into this topic:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/money/money-matters/women-miss-out-on-165-a-week-thanks-to-gender-pay-gap/story-friOctkz-1226687163943

And -

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/gender-pay-gap-still-a-disgrace-20130104-2c8o6.html

Good Luck.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 6 September 2013 4:10:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy