The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Rudd think people are stupid?

Does Rudd think people are stupid?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Oh Dear rehctub, butter wouldn't melt in your mouth. You haven't moved on from http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=5911 with your half-arsed attempt at deceit.

It's 7.5% on power bills and any attempt, even by truth omission, to attribute other costs to carbon pricing is as much a lie as any in the MSM. You qualify for a job at the Telegraph, where the art of weaving half-truth (or in this case about a seventh-truth)into a richly believable tapestry is enormously valued.

The press is out of control and is as great a threat to our democracy as a foreign invasion.
Posted by Luciferase, Saturday, 7 September 2013 5:11:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
.....At present our country is in pretty good nick.
We're not Spain, Greece or Ireland - yet.

Lexi, you don't have to wait until after the election, rather, let's see where we go if mining really tapers off.

Luciferase, nice try, however, unlike many here I am the first to admit when I am wrong, as I did in that thread.

So it would appear that the people are not stupid, as it is labor who have lost the trust of the people.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 7 September 2013 9:08:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, Kev has lost the battle.

And, more importantly, has also jumped ship as leader of the Aust Labor Party - and I take this also to mean as leader of the new Federal opposition.

But, why is he jumping ship (though continuing on as the member for Griffith - if he is true to his pre-election vow)?
Has he lost the taste for leadership?
Was this move possibly part of a pact made to gain support to re-take the leadership from Julia in the run-up to the election?
Can it be that Kevin has after-all been all puff, and little substance?
Will he now pass into obscurity? Or, has he perhaps been offered the post of shadow foreign minister (perhaps also with a view to a not-so-much-later posting as our rep on the UN)?

Labor; more contortions than a cut snake on a hot griddle.

There's nothing like keeping the electorate forever guessing, to induce trust and loyalty, is there?

Fiddlesticks for the whole blessed 'comedy'.
I look forward to someone getting down to some honest labour for a change.
Fingers crossed.
Posted by Saltpetre, Saturday, 7 September 2013 10:33:59 PM
It's very very quite in labor land!

I guess some people have to see it before they believe it, hey!
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 9 September 2013 11:43:42 AM
Dear rehctub,

It's when they're quiet that you have to worry.

Remember a successful Party (and leader) is one
that can lay a firm foundation with the bricks
others have thrown at them.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 September 2013 12:30:43 PM
Yes Lexi, although I would suggest we are talking bolders this time round rather than bricks.

Not only does Tony Abbott and his team have to deal with the huge debt (forget the percentage of GDP and focus on the number) but they will be expected to deal with the unfunded Gonki and NDIS along with his (ridiculous) PPL, possibly without the mining boom that labor so conveniently wasted.

But hey, they have one thing going for them, history and, if they fail, then you will have your say again in three years, but I suggest you don't hold your breath.

The other interesting thing to watch will be whether Kevin tries to once again undermine the party leader.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 9 September 2013 7:36:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy