The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Paid parental leave schemes, agree but disagree

Paid parental leave schemes, agree but disagree

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
"Retirees will pay for the Paid Parental Leave Scheme"?

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/article/2013/8/19/economy/retirees-will-pay-paid-parental-leave-scheme?utm_source=exact

(Don't tell spindoc, but I came across the link on twitter)
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 19 August 2013 12:57:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have to agree with you, Poirot. It is very poor policy. People who earn 150k$, don't need welfare.

I guess its got nothing to do with the fact that Tony has three daughters of child bearing age and would want grandchildren. Retirees and anyone with superannuation really , will be the ones paying for this largesse
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 19 August 2013 3:47:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Personally I don't believe that a mother or family should get one cent of my tax dollar. Having a child is a S.I.W 'self inflicted wound' and the responsibility of the individual or family...Not me.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Monday, 19 August 2013 4:21:26 PM
Hiya Yabs :)
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 19 August 2013 4:50:42 PM
' I'm sure small business will be out there routing the system at the fist opportunity, the pregnant partner on the books at $150k p/a.'

Ask rehctub, I'm sure he'd say that's fair enough too, as the government is killing small business!, and small business people are doin' us all a favour. It's the least we can do to thank them.

But I was under the impression small business people paid themselves no real salary so there was no income tax. They'd have to up the salary at least a year before the birth I think, so that would see half of it disappear in tax.

They Libs simply will not be able to afford it. It will be the first thing to go. It's passed it's used by date now Julia is gone and her misogynist toting handbag hit squad are neutralized.
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 20 August 2013 9:46:38 AM
Houellie,

"They Libs simply will not be able to afford it. It will be the first thing to go....."

Too true - obviously a non-core policy.

I have yet to come across an Abbott/Lib supporter in favour of it.(and I've talked to quite a few)

Fancy cutting the universal schoolkids bonus - yet making it possible for a woman on big wages to receive a $75,000 cash baby bonus - especially when Abbott is talking up a "budget emergency".

Went down well with the yummy mummies in the cafe in Malvern. Medium traditional fruit cakes cost $50 there (and I'm not referring to Abbott when I say that)...you can see why they need the extra boost when stopping work to have a bub. (we all need our fruit cake:)
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 20 August 2013 9:59:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy