The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Separated living together with children. Could this be done.

Separated living together with children. Could this be done.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Thank you all for your input.
Posted by Thinkbig, Tuesday, 15 May 2007 7:05:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Am very interested in your question as my husband and I are intending to separate and I too would like to see if we could continue to live together in the family home for the sake of the children. Have you managed to find a way to make it work? How did you work out "boundaries" - ie. who does what, when etc? Do you feel it has made things easier for the children? Or do you think it could make them confused about the situation? Do you have any advice about how to go about it?
Posted by SusieC, Saturday, 19 May 2007 12:32:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi SusieC
We have been separated for over 5 years. At the start it was hard as there are no rules or guide lines on how to do this. At the start nether of us were interested in other relationships, so that wasn’t an issue. We really don’t communicate except if it has to do with our children. And I try to keep my privet life to me self, even just the day to day stuff. I feel al the other stuff Cleaning, Cooking is sheared as normal. My ex doses more. She thinks she dose more then she should, but she only works 28 hours per week and I work 60. I feel the most important think is to see it as just to people shearing a home with only thing in common (the child).
Its has only become harder now that I have meet some one. This new relationship is new and I have no idea of were it will go. But my focus is still the children and this new person at this stage is willing to live with this. There are time restrictions and time together is hard to find.

Hope this helps you.

Only other advice I could give you is:- There are only two types of people you have to make happy. Your children and YOU.
Posted by Thinkbig, Friday, 25 May 2007 6:52:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy