The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Negative Politics

Negative Politics

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
There is nothing new here, the Liberal Party has long been a party of negativity, Abbott is only carrying on a long tradition of opposition to any notion of progressive change and social justice within Australian society. The center piece of conservative policy is their dry theories of economic rationalism, Abbott is a long time devotee to these dry theories. Believing market forces are the only determinants in society. forget about people, they are of little consequence, the economy is what matters, profits are paramount.
Abbott and his cronies on assuming power will unleash the conservative wrecking ball on Australian society, attacking workers and the poor, while all alone rewarding the rich by facilitating the drive for ever increasing profits. Given the opportunity an Abbott led government will find much to do in unwinding Labors positive achievements, the reintroduction of work choices to attack the lowest paid in society, attacking social services to remove the safety net for Australia's poor and least well off. The abolition of the mining and carbon taxes will see ever increasing profits flowing to the wealthy in our society. Many Australians will have little joy and comfort to look forward too from an Abbott led government.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 13 July 2013 8:26:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...Yes indeed, I have never seen such a negative opposition leader as Tony Abbott.

You're right Suz, but on the other hand, have we ever seen so many failures, and such non productive debt as has been the case from this government.

In fact, had so much not been wasted, the likes of Gonski amd NDIS would be very affordable, and our pensioners (old age) would be able to heat their houses, amd watch the TV at the same time.

I for one doubt Rudd can save labor, I say this because, having a government run the country, who as little as three weeks ago were dead and buried, all because of ONE MAN, seems to be a huge risk if you ask me, especially as he has been there before, and failed.

My own brother was contacted by a pollster and, once he divolged his age, 50 plus, they hung up.

I think there will be more formal votes this election than there have been for a while, simply because many people want to have their say.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 13 July 2013 9:02:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You could be right there rehctub.
I too doubt Labor can pull it off again, especially if Abbott comes up with some reasonable policies.

I am not a Labor supporter, but I still can't bring myself to even consider the Liberals with Abbott at the helm.

I know it is not right to discard a political party simply because of the leader, but I have never felt so strongly against a party leader before.
And I know I'm not alone......not by a long shot.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 13 July 2013 9:35:06 PM
We had no choice but to cop this rubbish under Gillard.
We have that choice and the polls now.
Out author puts no case, unless it is hidden from me, that we are the negative side or ever have been.
I feel the fear of conservatives.
A fear they have every bright to hold.
But it, that fear, is not able to change truth.
This thread is looking for other than truth.
And amuses me.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 14 July 2013 5:32:50 AM
already ahead of Abbott in the polls.
Suseonline,
That is a reflection of ignorant supporter syndrome & not in the slightest based on competence.
The reason why Abbott is refraining from stating his policies is because you lot due to no sense would declare war on any policy that makes sense & take the focus away from the policies. You are always asking for policies but you wouldn't accept them. Makes perfect sense for Abbott not to disclose any. The thinking voter already knows that no matter what, a Coalition Government led by Abbott can never be as incompetent as the ALP even if they tried.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 14 July 2013 9:45:17 AM
Dear Suse,

Glad to see you back and commenting.

The following link may be of interest:

http://independentaustralia.net/2013/politics/australia-is-not-an-economic-basket-case/
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 14 July 2013 11:15:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy