The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Did Rudd, Howard or any previous PM ever have to deal with this?

Did Rudd, Howard or any previous PM ever have to deal with this?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All
I realise this thread is a slease colum so I wont enter into debate. Except to say keep Party politicts out of School grounds. Teach government and constitution to children by impartial teachers. We do not need the growth of immature minds being infected by passionate Party politicts.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 14 June 2013 9:09:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For those too one eyed to have pick-up on it. The question/challenge was: had any other figure had to endure sandwich throws or similar --we have established that they have!

Now I don’t endorse for one moment the throwing sandwiches or insults at anyone –PM or civilian –male of female.
Australian PM’s should be able to visit schools without having sandwiches thrown at them.
They should be able to choose whatever coupling arrange takes their fancy
And should be able to go about business without fear their loyal and trusted deputy will back-stab them

But this aint limited to Julia –and it’s not a peculiar anti-female thing.

One has to wonder what sandbox those who think this all started with Julia have been playing for the last 20 years
Posted by SPQR, Friday, 14 June 2013 9:16:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Luciferase, yes they have had to deal with people trying to make an issue of their private lives (or playing on perceptions of their lives for ratings or political mileage).

As an example I recall hearing quite often comedians discussing how un exciting they thought John Howards love life would be. Included into the mix were some fairly sexist views about Howards wife and her lack of appeal.

Not a PM but please tell me you never heard any commentary on Amanda Vanstones figure or that if you did you quickly corrected those who though that behaviour was appropriate.

Those attacks don't make the commentary about Gillards figure or relationship status OK but there is a strong element of pot calling the kettle black from many on the Left over this issue.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Friday, 14 June 2013 9:59:11 AM
Oh, puhlease, SPQR...

Anyone familiar with politics knows that backstabbing the current leader to get yerself the top post is almost compulsory for those who desire to get there and who've got a modicum of "ticker".

Or was that revolving door Peacock/Howard entertainment in the eighties some new form of pollie barn-dance?
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 June 2013 10:00:24 AM
Yes, RObert,

I can imagine Howard Sattler or Bolt asking Howard "in a serious interview" about his wife's sexual preferences - or perhaps inquiring of Amanda Vanstone why she's quite so overweight.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 June 2013 10:04:35 AM
The sandwich throwing event, unecessary as it was, pales in comparison to some of the rhetoric the PM has to deal with including the latest inanity over Tim Mathieson.

While there may be disagreement with policies whatever happened to playing the ball not the person and this goes for all sides of politics.

Where have manners gone in society and it is not only children. Some of the worst offenders are grown adults.

And the vitriole that comes out from some people is ironic in a country where the only difference between the two major parties is found only in a handful of policies. Even then it may just be a matter of degrees.
Posted by pelican, Friday, 14 June 2013 10:05:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All