The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A return to surplus, TAKE TWO!

A return to surplus, TAKE TWO!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
....It’s no good denigrating Swannie. I doubt that anyone could do a significantly better job in the circumstances. They might have been able to make it sound a little less ridiculous, but the major budgetary issues would remain.

Rubbish Ludwig. Even I knew we wouldn't return to surplus,(check my post history) simply because of the amoun of money wasted by labor, in such a short time, combined with the fact that they were a walk up start to be out smarted by the miners, combined with the amount needed to fund the illegals debacle and I'm just an
X butcher for crying out loud.

In any case, this thread is not so much about returning to surplus now, as it is about this failed mans promises to return in the near future.

Even those brain washed followers, the ones who were sucked in this time will be having second thoughts, especially given labor's appauling record of delivering surpluses.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 13 May 2013 6:52:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In any case, this thread is not so much about returning to surplus now, as it is about this failed mans promises to return in the near future.

Highly unlikely given the prevailing mood in Lilley. The constituents have had their fill of that clown so a return would necessarily entail finding another 'safe' seat. Those will undoubtedly be in short supply after September.
Posted by praxidice, Monday, 13 May 2013 8:47:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Swannie just said, "the economic forecasts are prepared by the treasury, the same treasury that forecasted the economic outlook for the coalition when they were in Power"

So, mr Swan, if it is treasury who makes the predictions for deficit/surplus, one would assume it was they also who forecasted the last failed surplus.

So tell me Mr Swan, if you dont make the forecasts, then how on earth can you predict what's going to happen, as you are now, by saying YOU will be delivering a surplus.

I'm confused!

He then went on to warn us about a Campbell Newman style election, where he says they will go to the election without telling the voters just what's really on the agenda.

So tell me Mr Swan, how else, other than by spending cuts, do you propose we pay back this huge debt created by you and your party?

And Belly, he also took another swipe at Tony Abbotts IR policy.

Care to change your position there old mate! And accept that you are I'll informed when it comes to IR having no part in the Sep election?

Of cause, I will understand if you don't reply. It's becoming a habit"
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 14 May 2013 9:02:31 AM
At least part of the reason the dying duck can't make his stories 'appear' consistent is that unlike most of his compatriots, he doesn't have legal training and hence isn't proficient in the fine art of saying one thing & meaning something completely different. For what its worth, its quite possible, even simple, to produce a budget surplus. I've played with the various websites that allow viewers to adjust expenditures and had no problem with creating a surplus every time. In previous years the Treasury Department offered more elaborate websites however I haven't seen such this time. With those fancier sites, I've invariably cleared the national debt within 15 minutes & created such a ginormous surplus that income tax & GST could be dispensed with. OK now, I make no claim to accounting / financial / economic qualifications, however if a total novice can sort out the economy that easily, why can't the $400,000pa 'worlds best treasurer' ??

As for the Mad Monk, assuming he doesn't get pipped at the post by a coalition of minor players, it appears highly likely we'll see a near carbon-copy of the Newman / Seeney / Nicholls dictatorship. Dunno who will be the 'financial expert' but the RAbbott could well retain Costello again (Abbott & Costello ... hmmmm). Whatever, there will be a hue & cry about the deplorable state of the federal finances due completely to the mismanagement of the worlds best treasurer. Massive job cuts will ensue, together with cutbacks in everything imaginable. Any pre-election 'promises' by the RAbbott will be (regretfully) canned because 'we didn't realize what a mess we would inherit'.

Might I suggest the federal LNP save us the time, trouble & expense, just edit slightly the audiotape of Newman / Seeney / Nicholls and re-play that. Since its a certainty that the end result will be virtually identical to what happened in Queensland, we can hear the excuses earlier & get back to whatever we were doing.
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 14 May 2013 9:42:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy