The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A return to surplus, TAKE TWO!

A return to surplus, TAKE TWO!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Regardless of any spin created by the bloodsucking parasites, one doesn't need to open ones eyes too far to see the country isn't travelling well. The building industry is virtually moribund, retail is in a sad state, primary production is down on its knees & there simply aren't the job vacancies needed to soak up the tens of thousands displaced by General Disaster in Queensland. The mind doth boggle at what will inevitably happen should the RAbbott do a General Disaster trick & claim the red-headed witch left the joint in such financial faeces that he had no option but to sack 90% of the federal public service remaining after the dying duck does his bit in the next few weeks. Note that I'm not for a minute suggesting the public service should continue as the sheltered workshop it has been since the dawn of time, but quite obviously turfing tens or hundreds of thousands of people out onto the dole queue tends to upset the employed / unemployed balance slightly. I really don't know how we should deal with this situation. Whilst we clearly can't afford to support zillions of unproductive bureaucrazies, we can't afford to pay newstart to them all either. With business confidence at rock bottom, nobody is about to engage in new business ventures & even if they did, wage costs & gubmunt overheads in Australia are such that they wouldn't get past the planning stage anyway. From my perspective, a dramatic down-sizing of gubmunt is imperative, followed by a razor-gang attack on gubmunt dis-incentives to business, true simplification of taxation (flat rate income tax ??) & after all those are in place, re-alignment of incomes (yes Martha, thats cutting wages) so we are at least halfway competitive with the rest of the world. I have no doubt whatever there is sufficient money in the country for everyone to live well, especially if its distributed reasonably equitably (ie no twenty million dollar handouts to impossibly greedy public company executives)
Posted by praxidice, Monday, 13 May 2013 7:43:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The thread, many others, brings out the inflammatory right.
A matter that could concern me and others.
However just as the greens are a Royal P I A but are not linked to reality.
Those I highlight are of no real concern.
Showing very little understanding of what Liberal policy,s are, and less of the real reason we are in trouble.
Even not seeing how hard Abbott,s tasks will be.
I think while most are telling us what they think, and have every right to, some seem to be refugees from reality.
Has any one noticed our latest rude dude?
Why do we bring those who need to heave so much junk talk about?
Maybe, in posting in such threads we deserve what we get.
Not defending Labor, my history proves that,but are we all aware that yes we are changing government.
And yes Abbott,s task will be hard and long.
But if China falls over we and the world will too, then who will the usual suspects blame for what would be and one day will,a worldwide depression?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 13 May 2013 7:49:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"""
Has any one noticed our latest rude dude?
"""

LOL! Because he talks a truth you couldn't even begin to imagine in that Marxist brain of yours?

Keep posting, praxidice. It's a breath of fresh air in here amongst the Marxists! And I just love seeing their feathers ruffled :~)
Posted by RawMustard, Monday, 13 May 2013 8:12:07 AM
Dear Betty

I don't believe any but the most devout major party faithful truly believe we'll avoid a major economic realignment / recession / depression (insert whatever you favour) in the forseeable future. That said, neither of the major parties are capable of doing anything at all to stave off the inevitable. More to the point, they are actually encouraging the end of the present system by their unthinking support of multinationalism / globalism / economic growth. Our political system in the past twenty years or so has glorified consumerism, the yankee way, avarice, whatever one chooses to call it. Blind Freddie can see this simply can't continue despite the printing presses churning out more and more money. There is more than enough money for every single citizen to have a roof over their head, plenty of food & ready access to the necessities of life. Unfortunately we also have unbelievably greedy 'captains of industry' on twenty million per annum (I'm talking about banksters etc, NOT self-made billionaires). We also have a glut of upstart politicians (typically failed lawyers) with stuff-all ability who do nothing but figure ways to line their own pockets. The 'economic growth' paradigm that ostensibly promises things will get bigger and better ad infinitum is one of the favourites of modern politics, but lets just ignore the fact that there is only one example of unlimited growth in nature ..... its called C A N C E R !!
Posted by praxidice, Monday, 13 May 2013 8:30:19 AM
LOL! Because he talks a truth you couldn't even begin to imagine in that Marxist brain of yours?

Actually there was a time when I would have welcomed a bunch of really devoted red-flag-waving communists to Queensland. Toward the end of the Joe Peanut era (remember the reds under the beds hysteria ??), the National Party & their Labor compatriots had a few very comfortable 'agreements' going. I figured a few good little Chairman Mao clones mit the little book et al would have provided a smidgin of accountability by letting hitherto captive felines out of the bag. There was however a certain Liberal politician Rosemary Kyburz (Salisbury I believe) who formed a serious dislike to Labors Kev Hooper (Archerfield or thereabouts) & managed to upset the clown to the point where he divulged snippets intended to be kept secret. It didn't last long though, as I recall poor Rosemary was quietly moved off stage (we can't have people rocking the boat now can we ??) The 'agreements / arrangments' between major parties undoubtedly continues to this day, most obvious when parliamentary renumeration is being 'debated' but, nevertheless just under wraps the rest of the time. Unfortunately the party faithful sheeple still choose to believe they can vote for their favourite flavour of bloodsucking parasite & the clowns will look after their interests .... hmmmmmm
Posted by praxidice, Monday, 13 May 2013 8:48:53 AM
Praxidice,
I find your posts amusing, probably because you hit all politicians and not just one party.

But do me a favour. Set your posts out with more space and make paragraphs. Right now they are hard to comphrehend and come over as just one long rant.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 13 May 2013 9:12:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy