The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A return to surplus, TAKE TWO!

A return to surplus, TAKE TWO!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Suz, there will be many problems after the election.

There will be the tightening up on spending/waste, as someone will have to at least they to unwind the mess created. My tip is it will be similar to QLD's post election, and let's face it, it will have to be.

My tip is that there are quite a few fat cat public servants sleeping with one eye open at the moment.

Then there will be the loss of much of our coal industry and the write down in revenue that will bring.

I say this because of what's happening in both Mongolian and Rusian mining, with regards to coal, as we will be all but dead in the water as far as that industry goes.

Then of cause there will be the fight to regain controll of our borders, you know, the problem that was UNDER CONTROL less than six years ago, before brain storm Rudd came along.

What labor have done over the past five plus years is almost criminal, in fact, if they were accountable, there would be an enquiry if not criminal charges as a result of their actions.

Let's see now, insulation FLOP!
Solar FLOP!
Copenhagen FLOP!
Cash for clunkers FLOP!
Grocery/fuel watch FLOP!
Sorry, can't name them all due to post limits, but you should get the picture.

So sorry Suz, but there will be plenty to talk about, mostly negativity from labor land as thier supporters will not recognize their own mess. You know, much the same as here in QLD.

Ludwig, yes I do, but not immediately, as their first priority is to stop the bleeding.

Even the likes of you can't deny they have history on their side.

But, this thread is about the fact that this failure of a man is expecting his loyalists, and the rest of us to believe he can return us to surplus.

It's laughable.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 12 May 2013 5:55:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludwig may I try?
Under stand please my thoughts are loaded with both pain and just a little under standing.
The last ingredient is likely to be missing from any reply you get from Butcher.
Labor made plans to spend money it never got, the mining tax.
That tax, a shadow of its first planed intake, never came, but is symptomatic of Labors woes.
Post the removal of Rudd, more than probable before it, Dillard played both sides, yes and no, with Carbon tax, pension increases, and seems the likely source of silly walk schemes such as cash for clunkers and a host of stuff.
Yet we will be OK, just read this mornings press! those pointing to our problems, ME for one, are troublemakers, ask a possible future leader Greg Combet!
GFC was as bad as we ever saw, Labor tried to protect jobs and, yes and, small business.
It worked,but looked bad at times, $900 checks fell like manna from heaven, on country,s allover the world, to dead folk of those who had not been here for up to two decades.
Labor is the only party,so far, of true reform, it did not, as we did not, know the GFC was coming on its election.
It is no longer possible, not a chance, to judge Labor on its economic ability.
HSU, Rudd,s knifing, AWU scandal, if any related to Dillard, NSW FILTH Labor, stuck in a world that has not existed for 50 years, is reluctant to leave that awful lie *SOLIDARITY* and drag the offending THINGS, in to the light of day, and give them the good kicking the public needed to see.
Hiding behind the view, good God are they mad?
Dillard the unloved is a tough old bird, ignoring she too is unwanted, Labor has chosen to fight the election with its hands tied behind its back.
And blind folded.
AFTER our defeat, it will be seen and spoken of often, we took some third reserves into fight .
And that we,by our own efforts made our faults not our successes the main theme.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 12 May 2013 6:07:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And do you expect Abbott's mob to be any better?

Surely you jest !!

One only needs to consider the antics of Newman / Seeney / Nicholls in Queensland to get a pretty good indication of where a RAbbott gubmunt will go. I certainly won't be sad to see the end of the red-headed witch but I sincerely hope that either Big Clive gets up or in the very worst case, the sheeple don't give the RAbbott a massive majority. Note the failed lawyer / failed priest combination (same as all-time political lowlife grub Slippery Pete).
Posted by praxidice, Sunday, 12 May 2013 9:04:44 AM
What a joke this man is.
rehctub,
what about those who still support him ? The mind boggles indeed. Isn't there any way their right to vote could be challenged by the sane ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 12 May 2013 9:17:23 AM
Surely after the holy Abbott has control of the flock, there will be no further problems in Australia?
Suseonline,
On the contrary, that's when the lefties will start interfering & sabotaging in earnest. I can't see them accepting being upstaged at every turn. I wonder if they'll reject any benefits which will come their way from the benefactor they so despise.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 12 May 2013 9:22:44 AM
Belly>> GFC was as bad as we ever saw, Labor tried to protect jobs and, yes and, small business<<

Really china, we did have the depression you know.
The Northern Hemisphere GFC had no notable effect on our economy, and that is a fact. But the RGFC (RUDD GILLARD FINANCIAL CRISIS) impacted from day one.

In Australia we had less than 1% of our mortgages in subprime loans, the catalyst for the crisis.
In the Northern Hemisphere people’s taxes actually went to private banking and financial institutions to keep them afloat. In Australia all the government did was to guarantee private savings up to whatever amount was deemed. We did not give a cent to our banks.

In fact we prospered while the rest of the first world stumbled to a halt. Here are the GDP figures:

Australia’s GDP in $ millions.
http://www.rba.gov.au/statistics/by-subject.html

Jun-2006 308166
Jun-2007 323944
Jun-2008 333444
Jun-2009 336624
Jun-2010 346067
Jun-2011 354358
Jun-2012 367414

Labor started with a $20 Billion surplus and has not balanced one budget in five attempts.

Every single year their tax receipts have grown, yet they have raised the amount the Commonwealth can borrow three times. We now have the largest Commonwealth debt in our history.

How can anyone with the ability tie their shoelaces claim we were in a I financial crisis?.

Praxidice>> One only needs to consider the antics of Newman / Seeney / Nicholls in Queensland to get a pretty good indication of where a RAbbott gubmunt will go<<

Bastards with personal interests to the right of us, Bastards with personal interests to the left. I agree with what you say Praxidice, it is akin to Diogenes looking for an honest man.

But the one that got to me was Obeid and the Sussex Street Labor criminals in NSW. Obeid the greedy and his family cleaned up, as did one of Belly’s union mates who turned $160,000 into $15 million with a stroke of a Labor minister’s pen, followed by a $2000 lunch. Not bad work and all you have to do is to get fools to vote for you.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 12 May 2013 10:45:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy