The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > If we are to have peace

If we are to have peace

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
"If we are to have peace on earth, our loyalties . . . must transcend our race, our tribe, our class, and our nation; and this means we must develop a world perspective." Martin Luther King Jr.

I thank God that I have the ability to feel compassion for everyone. Its a gift that many people don't have and one of the things I got from my mother. But to be completely honest,sometimes I feel let down and kind of angry at others when they don't have this feeling.

Whether its understanding that people die just about everyday in Sudan and Iraq.Or learning about the condition of Indigenous people in Australia and Papua New Guinea. The health problems,living situation of different people. Sometimes it seem getting into discussions & topics about people who are not apart of my race cause more problems and hate.
Posted by Amel, Thursday, 26 April 2007 1:22:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amel well meaning and kind but is it related to the world as it is?
If this day Australia bought every defense force person home.
Put every weapon into a furnace and melted it down ,would every one?
Or would we be invaded within a year?
Is mankind ever going to be one?
Even here in this country, the one I am so proud to be part of people do not care for each other.
Understand the pain of workchoices on the already low income earners.
Here in our forum we can not agree on issues that do great harm to some in our country.
I think like it or not it is the nature of humanity to want to be different.
And while we are different and each want to remain so we will have to defend our selfs.
Do not be little mankind for using the same inbuilt survival instincts that bought us from the caves to the place we are now, and may yet bring us closer to the world you want.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 27 April 2007 8:22:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If we are to have peace, there needs to be a major social revolution, restructuring of the worlds government and abandoning of religious myths. The human being is in its basic form an altruistic creature, however with the advent of religion and the societies we live in presently, more emphasis is placed on advancing yourself, or your business, or your country.
The scale of what needs to happen is so vast, that it can be assumed to be impossible. While countries exploit the resources of others, there will be hunger, hate and resentment. While religious leaders continue to believe in false reasoning, halt medical and scientific research, advocate violence against other people, or invade countries with differing ideal, there will always be prejudice, hate and death.
Truly seeking out peace on earth today would require a lot of the people who are better off today wilfully renouncing a lot of their ways of life, and luxuries in order to create an equal society. That won’t happen.
The toothpaste is out of the tube, it’s a hell of a lot harder to put it in.
Societies were created before we had a proper knowledge of how the world functioned and as such are not attuned to the physical facts and logic of existence.
Peace on earth is a long way off, and it will be a hard lesson learnt for those living in blissful ignorance at the moment.
Posted by A Drunken Man, Friday, 27 April 2007 4:18:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Druken man-;
"The human being in its basic form is an ultruistic creature"

If ever food supplies run out and there are only six loaves of bread left to eat on the shop shelves I think you will find yourself run over and your head trampled in the rush to get them. When it comes right down to survival Mankind is only ultruistic to their families and children . They can also be ultruistic to their own communities as they need the support of a community around them to survive.
In the final analysis it is not true ultruism at all but is based on the individuals need to survive. As it is in all of nature.
Posted by sharkfin, Friday, 27 April 2007 9:18:47 PM
Amel

Yes it is something born in you to have compassion for others.

It is a gift of breeding. You cant pass it on I am afraid.

Dont worry its 'normal' to get angry and disapointed when others dont share it.

Excuse me Amel while I address Belly. Yup There is work choices in Australia.

Its called get off your backsides and get a job!

There are plenty of jobs out there if you want one - or two - or three.
Stop moaning and groaning and expecting a free ride. And Hey!

theres nothing wrong with black and white movies either.

Me= I DO mind bing told I cant sack some little thief who has just stolen from my till! No three warnings I am afraid.

We need to get right away from Churches being involved in running the aid relief.
It ought to be done by a trained group of practicles.
Start with birth control and follow with small farming and education.
Just be careful not to give all!@ of yourself to others Amel because they will take it and come back for more.
There is no answer to greed just spend your time seeking out friends that share your own humanity. When you do always be ready to share your six loaves of bread with them and tell the others to bugger off.

Also remember there is great kindness sometimes in saying no to people.

It teaches them respect for nice people like yourself.

Something thats lacking these days I am sad to say.

You ought to know Amel you are also your mothers gift and she will always be near you never leaving your side.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 28 April 2007 8:53:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amel's big head continues to grow.

He believes that he has the ability to feel compassion for everyone!

I suggest that he is not the best judge of himself - particularly as he admits that people who are not like him make him angry.
Posted by Leigh, Saturday, 28 April 2007 10:36:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy