The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No worries say Julia

No worries say Julia

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I almost chocked on my lunch today when I heard Julia Gillards response to the scrapping of the massive Woodside project in WA.

She said, and I quote, " we are not worried, as mining is only one of the many diverse sectors we have in this great nation".

So please enlighten me Julia, where are these booming sectors.

It's not retail.

It's not manufacturing.

It's not tourism.

So just what is it!
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 12 April 2013 5:40:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good question Rechtub, as this graph from the Catallaxy blog shows http://catallaxyfiles.com/files/2013/04/Leigh-Biz-investment-2.jpg.

Business investment in the rest of the economy is in the worst shape it has been since the early 90s.
Posted by GrahamY, Saturday, 13 April 2013 1:40:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear rehctub,

I don't understand what you're complaining about.
Why are you blaming the PM for a company's
decision?

As Woodside Petroleum says - "A major review of
the project found it would not deliver the
returns needed." The Company scrapped the project
because it was not commercially viable. And its
shares have soared in the meantime.

The Prime Minister says that the company's decision
to shelve the massive project does not relate to
federal or state regulatory issues. It's the company's
decision and as the PM said, "It's an issue for the
company. So it's for them to deal with."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/woodside-will-not-go-ahead-with-Ing-processing-plant-at-james-price-point/story-e6frg6n6-1226618536271
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 13 April 2013 3:58:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi my sweet I think he is complaining to her reaction to the announcement, rather than blaming her.

However I'm not so kind, so I'll blame her. She should have got off her bum & facilitated the establishment on the facility, particularly as her spending spree requires every cent of export earnings possible.

The government could have secured clearance of the site, rather than let the ratbag fringe greens cause huge delays & cost overruns.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 13 April 2013 4:16:32 PM
Yes Lexi, as Hasbeen says, I'm not so much on about Julia causing the withdrawal, as in the way she reacted, as if it's no big deal.

So perhaps you had best stop seeing my postsbas a red flag, and actually read what I have said.

Now as far as it being Julias fault, well, I'm with Hasbeen on that one, however, it's more her inaction that has caused the problem, not her actions.

I'm guessing she must have resigned herself to the fact that's she's gone, and doesn't really care, as despite the mess she has helped cause, she will be sitting pretty on her $100K+ per year FOR LIFE, courtiousy of us, the good old Aussie tax payers.

But I guess, at the end of the day, $100K per year is a cheap price to pay to get rid of her.

So perhaps Lexi, with you being one of her most loyal fans, you can enlighten us and tell us where the sectors are that going to prop us up, other than the UNIMPORTANT mining industry.

Yes Graham, I commenced my first business in 89, and I think this situation is actually worse, as our personal debt is huge in comparison, and our expectations from employers are fast becoming unrealistic, however many can't read between the lines.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 13 April 2013 6:30:26 PM
And now the government has all but guaranteed that Adam Bandt will retain his seat, by kicking uni students in the nuts. And that their 'natural' constituents, those aspirationals and their parents, will be outraged.

So let's see, says Julia and Emmo &c, who can we alienate next ?

Is this bunch on a death wish, or what ?

No, I don't think I will ever see another Labor government in my lifetime, once we have had the chance to turf this lot out.

And no, I'm not happy about that, Lexi :(

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 13 April 2013 7:12:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy