The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Vale - Margaret Thatcher.

Vale - Margaret Thatcher.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. All
Spindoc! what a truly good name for you.
You however should know better.
Your thread targets the very right, consider it!
To an opinion other than yours.
And BLACKENS such as me.
Death does not change us, the product of unwed parents remains that even after death.
I along with millions around the world, continue to know of the acts against a whole class, to understand the refugees from her Briton, just to get work.
While at home their skilled construction jobs went to under paid unskilled Laborers.
I CELEBRATE her former conservative party members, for seeing the damage of the poll tax, and dumping the unpleasant woman, and shed no tiers for her today.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 10 April 2013 1:39:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A compelling article on the Thatcher era by Russell Brand:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/09/russell-brand-margaret-thatcher

Save it, onthebeach......If the woman had had an ounce of true humanity, I would repay it in kind.....

She didn't.
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 10 April 2013 1:40:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah yes Poirot, Morrissey?

You seem to forget that some of us might just have lived in the UK when Steven Morrissey was around.

“His forthright and often contrarian opinions also attracted media attention for his advocacy of vegetarianism and animal rights”. Why didn’t you get a reference from the Argentineans, it would have been slightly more valid.

A talented musician, an opinionated activist adopted by the activist media and despised within the music industry. I met him once at a gig at the old “Spinning Wheel” in Manchester. A more obnoxious cretin you could not wish to meet.

I wonder sometimes Poirot, if you ever think about the links you post or are you also a vegetarian, contrarian animal rights activist whose opinion of Maggie is based upon an adopted opinion? Your perception is contrary to three election victories delivered by the British electorate. I guess you can always try to tell the British they were also wrong.

No? Thought not.

I really do worry about you sometimes. Well perhaps not sometimes but often, well OK, to tell you the truth, not at all. It’s just that sometimes I think someone close to you should worry
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 10 April 2013 1:49:27 PM
Yada, yada, yada, spindoc.....

So was Morrissey the only person to ever raise anti-Thatcher views?

I thought his closing line summed it up well - although Russell Brand's article is far more thoughtful and pertinent.

Mate, I think you'd have cause to worry about me if I was more like Thatcher, resplendent in a sterile barren-hearted view of human community.

It's hard to quantify a person like her....but over the proceeding few weeks, I'm sure many will try.
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 10 April 2013 2:02:39 PM
The prize for truly bad form would have to go to human headline Bob Carr, who as Australia's Foreign Minister couldn't wait to play the racism card, sinking his boot into the warm corpse.

Now is the time for bereavement and respect for the liong serving ex-leader of Britain.

PM Julia Gillard would once again have been embarrassed by Bob Carr.

<Australia's first female prime minister Julia Gillard says Margaret Thatcher created history in the United Kingdom with her stronger leadership.

Baroness Thatcher, 87, died following a stroke on Monday.

She was British prime minister from 1979 to 1990.

"Her service as the first female prime minister of the United Kingdom was a history-making achievement," Ms Gillard said in a statement from China on Monday.

"Her strength of conviction was recognised by her closest supporters and her strongest opponents.

"I extend my sincere condolences and those of my fellow Australians to her family and friends.">

Some here could take their lead from Julia Gillard. It is not the time for spiteful abuse. There are years later to play politics.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 10 April 2013 2:21:00 PM
My only comment on the shopkeeps daughter...
Negus from dragon slayer to slain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3fFCucvf40
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 10 April 2013 2:27:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. All