The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Labor can't handle the truth

Labor can't handle the truth

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
"In its mistaken belief that more legislation equals good government we are witnessing one of the most frenetic and interventionist administrations our country has ever endured. From sport to border protection, energy to mining, hospitals to clunker cars, live cattle exports to fishing trawlers, is there a single human endeavour in which the government leaves well enough alone?

You would think after so many policy disasters it might have the wit to temper its reforming zeal. But this government seems to be in a mad race to stamp its brand over everything, no matter how destructive, just for the satisfaction of saying "Labor was here" - before Labor becomes history.

Now it is our turn. Echoes of Bob Brown could be seen in the vindictive media regulation Communications Minister Stephen Conroy unveiled yesterday. This bastard child born of revenge and hubris is a threat to free speech and democracy."

I couldn't have said it better.

Senator Conjob, (the wacko that wanted to bring internet censorship) who boasted that he could make media bosses wear their underwear on their heads, has indicated that he wants this legislation to pass in the next 2 weeks and is not prepared to consider any changes whether from labor, green, indepedent or opposition MPs.

I seriously think that it is time this little dictator is shown the door.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 12:40:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When Miranda Devine actually nails an issue in this fashion, it is time to acknowledge the full extent of the disaster that is our Labor/Green/hangers-on government.

I found myself in agreement with every sentence of this excerpt, to the point where I was compelled to track its source - Devine's column in the Tele. To discover that I was in the same camp as this avatar of the ultra-right-wing press was most disconcerting.

Please excuse me while I sob quietly in a corner.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 12:55:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What I can't understand is why they would want to upset the major press, who by & large have been well & truly in their pocket all along.

Apart from Miranda Devine, Bolt, & a very few radio talk back hosts, the media could not have been kinder to them, & their odd causes.

The double dissolution election will be a bit of a pain, so soon after the general election, but boy will it be worth it.
It will be a good test of these “Johnnie come Lately" Greens. Will they roll over & vote with the new government, to keep their job, or will they stand on principle, & get turfed out on their backsides.

You'd almost reckon that labor had killed a chinaman, when they swapped to Julia, rather than just knifing a Chinese speaker.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 1:18:29 PM
Q: What did Jack Nicholson say the Julia Gillard?

A: You can't handle the truth!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 1:33:30 PM
I said years ago this guy was evil. I think he was the one that started using the word regime in Australia to describe the opposition. A word not often spoken when referring to western governments. More reserved for describing communist or despotic regimes?
Posted by RawMustard, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 1:49:48 PM
Murdock, as did his father, has used his International print media for his own opinions to rule us all.
Such products as the American version of Sky news ignores truth so badly it is funny.
Australia has long lost any resemblance to true investigative Journalism.
I await in fear for big Gina to take 0over the only balanced papers Fairfax.
ANY researcher looking at Murdock,s dad, in the birth place of todays empire will soon find that old man *had Prime Ministers stand before his desk hat in hand.
And call him Sir*!
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 2:43:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy