The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What do we want from Government?

What do we want from Government?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
We have been besieged by a mentality where personality politics over ride the national political agendas. The following is what “I” expect from my political guardians.

1. Effective Boarder Security at the cost of any “mandates or protocols” signed by our ruling class to placate alien governing agencies such as the United Nations.
2. Monetary policies that advance Australia’s interest rather than the interests of the “Global Community and the international agencies that send our wealth to second and third world despots.
3. The right to engage in trade protectionism and take action if we are being used as a product dumping ground at the cost of existing local suppliers and entrepreneurs.
4. All “foreign aid” should be tied to a figure pertaining to our “national debt” rather than our GDP.
5. Foreign ownership of resources such as power and water returned to govt run Commissions.
6. Ownership of land title restricted to $500 million market value for foreign individuals companies or governments.
7. Restriction of the re zoning of our agricultural belt.
8. Caveat over the mining of all lands zoned agricultural.
9. Ongoing Government aid to small and medium scale manufacturing enterprises.
10. The retention of fully operational oil refineries.
11. The investment in a small professional army equipped with the latest technology.
12. A national Educational curriculum of basics and free universities.
13. Abolition of the Upper houses of parliament. The Australian Constitution and its “meaning in practice” to be decided by a six year term Judicial forum.

Globalization and our governments part in it has seen Keating sell off the Commonwealth Bank with the largest individual shareholders now being foreign banks.
Our Gold Reserves sold off by Howard at cut throat prices.
BHP sold at .49 cents when six months either side of the sale the Aus $ sat at .65 cents.
Our kids came LAST in a global literacy appraisal three months ago.

In six short years we have accumulated a debt nearing 200 BILLION dollars. That would have covered the cost of implementing most of the changes I have asked for.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 10 March 2013 10:34:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually I can agree with almost all those points, except perhaps the
last one. It would need a very good argument to change the Westminster
system which has morphed & endured for centuries.
Some think a change must be for the better, but would it ?

Globalisation is already declining and will accelerate as time goes by.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 11 March 2013 12:01:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear sonofgloin,

I'm afriad I can't concur with you on Point 13.

I'd hate to think that we could be foolish enough to put our destiny into the hands of a bunch of gin soaked magistrates.

Giving the PM's office to a sot back in the 80s should have been a warning to all of us on the dangers of alcohol!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 11 March 2013 12:19:55 PM
Bazz, Mr O…….If the Coalition gets a start they have to have a Double Dissolution to ensure control of the senate to rule effectively and that is why I suggested an alternative to the upper houses. But I agree with both your thoughts.

Given we are in “election mode” I expect the televised debates will have that cretinism that is the “worm” that measures the viewers response to the liars mouthing’s as they bleat on. I suggest we strap lie detectors to the participants and let the machine adjudicate on what answers come naturally and which are sweat and palpitation inducing half truths or lies.

Then the worms may turn.....honest.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 11 March 2013 2:17:55 PM
Dear sonofgloin,

Put a lie detector of Gillard? Is there such a thing as a lie detector with a billion trillion gigabytes of memory?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 11 March 2013 2:27:21 PM
Mr OPINION...I must take you to task, about your rather disingenuous even pejorative remarks concerning our Ms Gillard !

That's if I can (for a moment), control my laughter that is ! I like it, I really do.

SONOFGLOIN...

You've been reading my mind again haven't you ? I do agree with everything you've proposed ? Though the removal of the house of review, packed as it is with a bunch of disruptive 'browns', worries me a little. Surely we must have some process, to take some pause, in order to closely review all proposed legislation.

I accept, there are a lot of 'logjams' therein, that require much jockeying around, admitting many an amendment and so on, but until we have a better system, I think we should ensure of it's retention for awhile ?

But everything else you've proposed, will probably qualify your automatic 'right of entry', (at 'associate' level) to the Aussie 'College of Rednecks'.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 11 March 2013 3:16:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy