The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The poor people of New South Wales!

The poor people of New South Wales!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
>>I just had a look in the mirror as you suggested.<<

I'm guessing it looked like this:

http://rsrc.psychologytoday.com/files/imagecache/article-inline-half/blogs/35746/2012/03/90635-86859.jpg

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Thursday, 21 February 2013 7:20:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ouch ..... rush me to the burns unit. Again!

OR

Thanks for the compliment.

I don't mind giving you the benefit of the doubt about how you express yourself.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 21 February 2013 7:21:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perhaps the OP was trying to suggest the people of NSW (and probably by micro-extension, the people of Australia) are damned either way by two parties who have little in the way of credibility with regards to integrity and little in the way of policy that does more than feed their post-representative employers?
Posted by Reason, Thursday, 21 February 2013 9:52:52 AM
Dear Reason,

You are getting warm.

And did you pick up that I'm not biased. Which is a great plus if you want to win arguments and influence people albeit I doubt that such qualities would appeal to Belly who is obviously totally biased and one-eyed.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 21 February 2013 10:04:17 AM
Mr O (may I call you that?)

While I agree Belly has a bias, I disagree that you do not.

Everyone has bias – you and I both. Whether this bias impacts to a small or large extent on our opinions depends on self recognition of that bias and a strength of character look beyond it and open one’s mind to honestly consider, so much as one can, alternate points of view.

You seem to do this but without a detailed conversation and exploration, it is impossible to know for sure.

Belly clearly has some ability to consider an alternative view from the simple observation that they recognise their preferred political party has a serious corruption and integrity issue.

From my previous reading of Belly’s comments, I would suggest their political preference is probably based on their own consideration of various party policies, informed and influenced by their personal ideology regarding human interaction, responsibilities and social contracts – which is where most people commence when forming opinions of a political view. This is all simply a reflection of their world view. Does it result in bias? Yes. Is this bad? No. Simply a matter of fact.

But your thread raises a more pressing discussion.

What does a society do when it appears the entirety of politics in a nation is becoming corrupted and failing the interests of the majority? Is this in fact happening in Australia?

I withhold my biased opinion on this for now.
Posted by Reason, Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:10:44 AM
Dear Reason,

I must admit to be unashamedly biased - to objectivity!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 21 February 2013 12:08:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy