The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fighting two wars

Fighting two wars

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Comrades,I use that word for multiple reasons.
First as descriptive of some, not me proudly.
And in jest, because the word, and those it best describes are Laughable.
Ah yes, being rude again.
Or am I? the anti west/American views, in a thread about bush fires? is a hugely offensive but gut busting laugh.
I must stop laughing!
To aid me here are some memory's, Hungary, Solidarity in Poland, Kremlin, oh no!
Starting to cry! reality does that.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 6:41:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
People in war torn Africa fight among themselves for local power and land and do not have international terrorism to overcome the Western influences as their agenda.

Our forces are in Afganistan to assist the locals to have a more peaceful society, free of terrorism and irrational laws
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 9:13:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi again, POIROT & MAC...

Firstly, I must apologise for my hurried exit from the topic last evening, my eyes get very tired at night when either reading or on the computer.

Anyway, it would seem we'll never reach any agreement, with respect to whether the US act, entirely because of some compassionate or humanitarian motivation ? Or rather, what some people propound, it's purely out of some (mercenary) self interest. That, and that alone, is the true rationale for why the US does anything ?

On one hand, you may contend the US always has a self interest in providing aid (in all it's forms) to the many needy nations around the world ?

Though I do observe, it's often the US who're first to open their wallets. In order to provide some urgent fiscal relief or disaster aid. And in a response, they're often roundly censured even pilloried for doing so. With shrill claims of US self interest at work !

Some years ago, I put it to a former FBI colleague/friend of mine - why in hell don't you (the US), simply close ranks, and tell some other super power to do the 'heavy lifting' for a change ! His reply was to simply shrug his shoulders, and mutter something to the effect '...it's expected of us I suppose...' ? Indeed it is.

Anyway POIROT & MAC, I reckon I'm just about enervated with this unwinnable discussion. I can't possibly furnish you with any further evidence to at least, partly convince you both, that the United States is, by and large, an honourable and decent Democracy ! Thats my opinion, and I'll not depart from that opinion.

Thank you both for your considered responses, I do appreciate it.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 12:34:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy