The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why not Turnbull?

Why not Turnbull?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30
  13. All
Why not Turnbull?

They both have a parasitic background insulated from the real world , they both have the same imaginary friend from the same franchise and they both crave power. One is just richer, more articulate and media friendly. Although they are no doubt both decent enough blokes as individuals, they are no more qualified than any one else.

You mob need to look at and analyse the foot soldiers on all sides and the non-democratic nature of our parliament. George Christensen, Jill Hall and Rowan Ramsey all have the same voting power. Perhaps a focus on the lesser players will provoke more balanced thought.

What we need is a Nándor Tánczos to liven up our parliament.
Posted by Producer, Monday, 31 December 2012 9:29:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We must remember that Belly is still a fan of Rudd, so is drawn to Turnbull.

You don't have to look too closely to see Turnbull & Rudd are the opposite sides of the same person.

They are both not very bright, but very cunning arrogant animals. Both believe they are invincible, & have dramatically inflated opinions of their ability, however neither are smart enough to seek or take good advice.

Both have real acting ability, & have crafted a public persona, which bears little resemblance to the man behind the mask. What you see is their idea of what you want, & definitely not what you are getting.

Belly mate, Australians were only ever going to elect one of these pretenders to PM. It could have been either, but K Rudd got in first. We will never be quite stupid enough to do it again, even if some Labor types would. Most of us learn at least a little from our mistakes, fortunately.

Stop pining for the man you all hoped, & many thought Rudd was. He never existed, & was just reading a script. Turnbull is just a Paper cut out of Rudd, painted a different colour, & not quite as cunning.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 31 December 2012 9:53:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I may just as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.
Rechtub you mate are quite lost, YOU CAME TO A THREAD AND SAID I WAS RIGHT!
Now you say for saying just what you said about Turnbull I am lost?
You should not throw stones it ill suits, your own posts tie you in knots.
HASBEEN, well silly but not unexpected stuff.
Your past did not give you great incite in to politics.
WHY would I knowing my party can not win promote Turnbull.
Or for that matter target MR NASTY ABBOTT?
Truth! what do I do with thoughts that do not support my party,bury them.
Political commentary here is not going to change anything.
But life your head, smell the air.
Then read the polls,60% say they are unhappy with Abbott.
Now let me use the rechtub/hasbeen method of investigating just what that says.
B**DY Labor voters! trying to sabotage us!
Now IF that was true? I can relax, sit smugly back and wait for lady luck to visit Gillard instead of reality.
60%
Insures a labor victory.
back to the sand pit blokes
Posted by Belly, Monday, 31 December 2012 11:06:54 AM
I like Joe Hockey, to me he seems more empathetic somehow.

After reading his biography, his attitude on the subject of immigration appears to very balanced and rational.

His easy going manner when out and about makes him very approachable, and he displays none of the uptightness we are seeing displayed by leaders on both sides of politics.

Will always remain convinced that people's opinions [ and their subsequent votes] can be partly formed on how we view the personalities in politics.
Posted by worldwatcher, Monday, 31 December 2012 11:11:06 AM
The ALP supporters hate Abbott because he is an effective leader. They all want Turnbull because they see him as sympathetic to the Labor policies, and they are right. Turnbull had his chance as leader and barely improved on Dr Nelson’s figures. I know how they feel because I want Beazley as the leader of the Labor Gov’t; I know that as long as Beazley (or Swan, or Rudd, or Smith, or Wong, or Combet, or just about any other Labor luminary) is leading the party, the Libs will govern!

As a Liberal supporter I thought I would never see a Liberal Gov’t in my lifetime, and then Abbott was made the leader and he lead the party out of the wilderness into a winning position.

I have been an Abbott supporter for many years, ever since the Howard/Costello gov’t, and I wanted Abbott over Costello. I also know that I could never vote for a Liberal Party lead by Turnbull because I see him as an ALP mole!

My advice to the ALP supporters is get over Abbott. He will lead the Libs to the next election. The Labor supporters need to work out who will lead the ALP. Personally I hope Gillard leads the ALP and the electorate has an opportunity to voice its opinion on her as a leader and as a person.

Geoffrey Kelley
Posted by geoffreykelley, Monday, 31 December 2012 11:23:39 AM
I get no joy out of this, rechtub for a long time was my mate.
He no longer is or can be.
He heatedly insults me, mostly because of his failure, to under stand.
In a thread by arjay, quite a good and long one.
RECHTUB posted on11 day of October at 6.59 and 47 seconds PM.
in agreement with me, well read it your self.
a determination to be seen and heard would be better if it came with the ability to understand, both what your self and others are saying.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 31 December 2012 11:24:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30