The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Total incompetence at any cost

Total incompetence at any cost

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All
So Mr Swan has finally given an early Christmas present to his loyal followers. Trouble is, it's a big fat whammy.

I just can't believe how this guy, promoted as the smartest treasurer in the world, could have got this so wrong.

The signs were there, yet time and time again he buried his head in the sand, and what's more worrying, is that he provided false hope to his believers as time and time again he assured the die hards that he would achieve surplus, at any cost.

Blind Freddie could see it just couldn't happen, even after he cooked the books, yet he pressed on.

Well I just hope none of this loyalists pinned their hopes and dreams on the ambitions of this incompetent person hailed as the worlds best treasurer, as he has simply confused his ambitions with his abilities.

Please, please, please, bring on the election so we can remove this incompetent mob
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 20 December 2012 4:55:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Rehctub - who hailed Swan as the world's best treasurer?? Sure wasn't anyone I've spoken with!

However, I would hail him as JG's best sycophant. He stands head and shoulders above the others she has. And she has quite a few too.

Would give this label to all those who helped her depose Rudd, and as a result they must now fervently defend all her policies. They are fully aware they would be fools not to.

The reason for Swan promising a surplus 'come hell or high water' would seem to be more a political ploy when Gillard's approval rating fell so low, and when there was talk of Rudd possibly regaining his former position.

This continuuing debacle makes one want to bang one's head against the wall with despair. No, better still- bang some commonsense into theirs.
Does anyone else have my level of frustration with failed policy after failed policy, and the 'let's blame Abbott' accusations they manage to yell out at every opportunity to deflect legitimate questions put to them?

Maybe Swan will next tell us - not to worry, she'll be right mate if we give it a little more time, and it isn't really my fault anyway.

Just once it would be good to hear them say "Yes, we aren't doing a good job". Instead they use personally based attack as a defence, and a means to deflect questions for which they have no good answers.

When Swan stated on television that Abbott was a thug was in reality a prime example of Swan running scared and falling back on Gillard's tactics when feeling threatened and not having a good answer to a question
Imagine their tete-a-tetes must discuss in depth what will be the next deragotory term they can use, and who to use it against.
Posted by worldwatcher, Friday, 21 December 2012 12:53:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This thread may make me a better for caster than the Mayans.
Knew it would come and chuckles too.
Those wild eyes as Abbott made his pitch.
Hockeys stern faced gaze.
Both will not wipe away the fact as one of the worlds triple A country,s, international business and financial advisers are saying it will not affect us.
BUT beware.
IF OUR TWO LEADERS AND THE TWO POSTERS HAVE IT RIGHT WE ARE IN it DEEP.
This next few weeks will prove it our dollar will fall to 20 American cents and we will wish the Mayan,s got it right.
Comment is free but much better if even remotely related to truth.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 21 December 2012 5:40:04 AM
The only thing Labor can deliver is a surplus of broken promises.

Quotes from Labor as recently as a month ago:

Treasurer Wayne Swan:
"We'll be back in the black by 2012/13, as promised." (May 2011)

"The government remains absolutely committed to delivering our return to surplus as we planned." (August 2011)

"We've nailed our colours to the mast." (February 2012)

"Despite the tough global conditions, we remain determined to return the budget to surplus in 2012/13, and we will get there." (March 2012)

Prime Minister Julia Gillard:

"My commitment to a surplus in 2012/13 was a promise made and it will be honoured." (April 2011)

"We stand by the predictions, the entries in the Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook. We stand by the figures and we're on track to deliver a budget surplus." (November 2012)

Labor couldn't manage a barbecue let alone an economy.

I am trying to think of a Labor policy that has actually worked. Any help Belly?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 21 December 2012 6:22:06 AM
Belly>> Both will not wipe away the fact as one of the worlds triple A country,s, international business and financial advisers are saying it will not affect us<<

Do you never tire of posting ideological rubbish china?

Five years ago we had 20 BILLION in the treasury and no real net govt debt to speak of. The budget was in surplus.

Today we have 170 Billion in debt and no money left in the treasury.

Yet you quote international bankers who tell us we are doing great. Belly only one lot are doing great, the bloody bankers. Don’t be a bankers stooge…they don’t love you.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 21 December 2012 8:00:22 AM
Well I can't see what everyone is excited about.
We all knew it was BS for the short memory masses.
It won't effect the next poll for the same reason.
Belly, no it won't effect the AU$ as the US is flat out printing US$
so as to generate inflation and so reduce their effective debt.
It may well increase the value of the A$.

The next government presuming that Labour is out will have no choice
but to abandon all Gillard's recent schemes.
In that list I include the Disability Insurance Scheme.
Bit tough that but this the sort of choice they will have to make.
All costs associated with global warming will be cut.
The Climate Warming Dept will be scrapped, that is an easy choice.
the Government has tied up with a rental contract the new building for
that Dept. I wonder what chance they have of sub letting it.
They will have to withdraw all benefits from illegal entrants.
No doubt a few hospitals will be put on hold.
The NBN will have to come to a grinding halt.

These unhappy decisions will happen because YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY !
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 21 December 2012 8:29:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy