The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Has the RSPCA been highjaqcked?

Has the RSPCA been highjaqcked?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Any one else notice? an increasingly strident voice from this mob.
Our senile old Aunt in search 0of a story again targeted live animal exports last night.
Behind the story? RSPCA.
Have Vegans gained more than a foothold here?
Well my donations of canned food and occasional bagged, to that bin in Coles has stopped, forever.
Any 0ne care those animals may not have been ours?
Or than the film may be months old.
RSPCA is looking shaky in my view.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 5:54:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
organizations that mostly rely on donations from time to time when money is low need to make an IMPACT to show they are doing something positive and therefore need your money.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 10:59:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, are you suggesting that only Vegans and RSPCA staff are unhappy with cruelty to animals?

I enjoy a good steak, support the RSPCA , and love animals.
I won't stand by and watch any animal being cruelly treated....
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 13 December 2012 1:37:32 AM
Clearly I am talking about the latest cruelty to animals story.
Yet again the RSPCA sounds like Lyn White.
So far we have found out,after the ABC showed its film.
The cattle may not have been Australian.
The film may be old,long before actions began to fix past problems.
I do not support animal cruelty, very few do.
Not farmers who are proud of the stock they sell.
But RSPCA are using radical words and actions much more than ever before.
On being informed of actions our government and the live meat export agency has taken.
And that Israel police have been asked to investigate this matter, RSPCA launched in with heated shouting style words
How hard would it be?
After all who of us could walk in to such workplaces and film?
And joining the RSPCA would be easy.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 13 December 2012 5:50:54 AM
The animal rights movements would shudder at being likened to the RSPCA Belly. They have been bemoaning their inaction for years on many issues like caged hens.

Suze is right, it is not only vegans and vegos who care about the humane treatment of animals and some of what industrialised nations do to their animals is awful. Basically if you are a meat eater an animal has to die but humans are higher order thinkers (supposedley) and we have it in our power to underatke the process as humanely as is possible.

It's about time the RSPCA spoke more stridently about animal cruelty.

And it is possible to care for humans and animals at the same time.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 13 December 2012 8:26:44 AM
The thing is Pelican, at the moment the animal liberation movement are riding on the back of the animal welfare movement, to try and promote their own agenda. The two are quite separate and need to be kept separate. The result is much propaganda and misinformation and they don't really want to discuss these things either, but just use the social media to shock people and to take their donations.

I have no problem with animal welfare and improving it. But I do have a problem when farmers are called scum and all the rest, because they are seemingly evil for farming livestock, even if its humane and free range. These people accuse us of "murdering sentient beings" which is against their ethics and they would do anything to stop livestock farming and the eating of meat, altogether. Its like a cult.

Sorry, but the food chain exists and its part of the laws of nature. If herivores breed and nothing controls the numbers, they land up starving to death on masse. So the vegans are trying to go against what is basic biology, hardly rational. I have actually put forward rational and logical ways of improving animal welfare in the third world, at no extra cost to taxpayers. They are not interested.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 13 December 2012 9:03:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy