The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australian city's violence - why and who is to blame?

Australian city's violence - why and who is to blame?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
I have just read a story of a 57 YO wheelchair bound women being attacked and robbed by 2 males 16 to 17 YO (GUTLESS WONDERS).
"One of the attackers got the woman in a headlock and repeatedly punched her in the face while holding a sharp object. The other attacker took money from the woman's handbag as the assault took place."

This part of the story did not impress me "The male who punched the woman had a dark skin tone, police said." I interpret this to the police trying to be politically correct and not accused of racism, to me it sounds like they are saying black like African.

Now what do others think everyday there are more and more stories about bashing's, attempted abductions of children, violent assaults mainly on the elderly.

The increased volume in the past 6 months has been dramatic.

Who is to blame I think we can start with the parents who mostly do not even know where there children are, the judges and magistrates have to take a lot of the blame for sentencing or lack of it (slap on the wrist)
Open to discussion - THIS IS NOT TO BE A POLITICAL DEBATE BOTH PARTY'S ARE THE SAME.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 7 December 2012 11:23:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philip s your question is one we need answers for.
I as you know, have my doubts about your style.
Saw the black reference.
Nearly went past without posting.
But your theme here demands answers.
Here are mine, we let PC strangle us, at every step of the way.
At 17 years of age, regardless of race or color, these youths are likely to have been in trouble before.
And set free, like you I have little regard for them and their actions, but understand, please let it be true, they are not mature adults.
Maybe from the first day of their lives they had no future.
But if caught, please let that happen, will probably walk free as PC over rules justice.
Crime is an emotional subject, always, justice is said to be blind, to race and position.
But SOMETIMES parents should share the blame and penalty.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 8 December 2012 11:10:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Clarification re- black.

The police description is vague and leaves the reader to try to interpret what they are saying.

Quote "The male who punched the woman had a dark skin tone, police said."

1) They did not say dark TAN.
2) They did not say Caucasian as they usually do.

Question to others with the above description by the police what would you be looking for?
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 8 December 2012 11:22:10 AM
Phillip,
Can you post a link? I recall seeing the news item and after reading your post i went to refresh the item but cannot locate in current major press.

To my mind there is at least 3 ways to help prevent this type of attack.

1. Better parenting, so kids are taught right from wrong and are instilled with proper social standards and respect for others.

2. Proper enforcement of laws and reasonable punishment for wrong doing.

3. Revue our immigration policies, so that those persons that belong to groups that cannot/will not abide by our laws and social standards are excluded. There are some groups that, for several generations, have shown contempt for our laws and society. These cultural groups should be excluded from immigration eligibility.

This latest attack is one of many and the problem appears to be getting more frequent.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 8 December 2012 12:49:56 PM
Dear Philip,

City violence can be the result of a number of causes.
Prolonged economic deprivation, family stress, school
exclusion, drug or alcohol abuse, and so on. I believe that
a policy of investment in public services ( quality of providing
good schools, healthcare, employment) would have a much greater
effect of riding anti-social behaviour and crime than just
law and order.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 8 December 2012 12:54:44 PM
1st - Can some people at least answer my question. What come to mind when you read the police description.
"The male who punched the woman had a dark skin tone, police said."

Link
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-08/woman-in-wheelchair-bashed-during-violent-robbery/4416346

Extracted text
A 57-year-old disabled woman has been beaten in the face during a violent robbery in Sydney's west.

Police say she was riding her wheelchair along Horsley Drive in Fairfield when two teenagers attacked her from behind.

Officers allege one of the youths put her into a headlock and punched her repeatedly in the face with a sharp object as the second teenager grabbed her bag and stole cash.

One of the attackers then pushed the woman and her wheelchair over, before running away.

She was treated for 14 puncture wounds to the face and bruising to her right knee and ankle.

Senior Constable Jamie Wallace says a search is underway.

"Police are searching for two males described as 16 to 17 years of age, wearing grey pants, black school shoes and light blue hooded jumpers," he said.

"The offender who punched the woman had a dark skin tone.

"It's obviously a brutal crime on a defenceless member of the community. We would certainly ask for the public's assistance in locating them."
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 8 December 2012 1:25:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy