The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The end of the world is coming

The end of the world is coming

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
A special message from our Prime Minister:

http://www.news.com.au/features/mayan-apocalypse-2012/julia-gillard-the-end-of-the-world-is-coming/story-fngjq0bi-1226531023530

We’ve got fifteen days folks.

So let’s PARTY like there’s no tomorrow!!
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 6 December 2012 7:40:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lol,

Actually pretty good dead-pan delivery.

Thanks for that.
Posted by csteele, Thursday, 6 December 2012 9:27:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh thank god
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 6 December 2012 10:42:33 PM
Thank some one Bugsy.
We have more to fear in the fact it is not coming to an end.
Yesterdays tragic murder of a NSW Police officer is evidence our world needs attention.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 7 December 2012 5:19:16 AM
There will be no end of the world under the government I lead. Just an end to Australia.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 7 December 2012 5:51:23 AM
You seem to have a gut full of sour grapes.
No doubt the world will end, wether it's on the 21st of this year or some other year remains to be seen, so don't drink all that christmas cheer to soon, you could go dry.
Posted by 579, Friday, 7 December 2012 6:57:06 AM
Got to love it when pre-recorded messages get released early.

At least it explains a lot of the governments decisions. Those places on the big ships for cabinet anf family at billion euro each had to be paid for from somewhere.

This is going to confuse the hell out of Arjay, is it still a plausable conspiracy if the government admits to it?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Friday, 7 December 2012 7:01:18 AM
Our planet as a "heavenly" body won't cease to exist some time soon.

About the only possible major catastrophe would be a major meteorite collision and there isn't one on the horizon. Astronomers will provide a warning much longer than twelve days and we will probably be able to take some appropriate counter action.

Our sun will last another 4+ billion years (it is already about 4.5 billion years old in a 13.7 billion year old universe) so a flair out won't happen in the near future.

Some of the people who comment need to go to the Hubble Telescope site occasionally or arrange to get email updates from that source. Some of the photos are spectacular.
Posted by Foyle, Friday, 7 December 2012 8:15:11 AM
So let’s PARTY like there’s no tomorrow!!by Ludwig,

That is what we are doing isn't it?
Posted by Robert LePage, Friday, 7 December 2012 8:26:04 AM
>>About the only possible major catastrophe would be a major meteorite collision and there isn't one on the horizon. Astronomers will provide a warning much longer than twelve days and we will probably be able to take some appropriate counter action.<<

Counter action not involving Bruce Willis leading a team of cowboys into space. That is inappropriate counter action and really dreadful premise for a movie.

You forgot the Vogon Constructor Fleet. We won't get much warning about that.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Friday, 7 December 2012 9:00:13 AM
Hi there BELLY...

You're so, so right when you remark, the way the world is at the moment, with the alleged murder of the Detective Inspector yesterday !

R.I.P. Brother Police Officer.

Sadly...Sung Wu.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 7 December 2012 3:03:53 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes o sung wo I too feel the pain here.
I as a union official worked well with Police and their union in crowed control.
And in my other job at too many fatal smashes.
Every one should go home from work.
This family has fallen victim to the act of lessor human beings.
What is the answer? I do not know.
But watch some who do not feel our pain emerge.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 7 December 2012 4:44:41 PM
It seems even the AZTEC'S had their religious nutters! What has changed? NOTHING.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 8 December 2012 5:41:35 AM
I think it's great that Juliar Gillard can stand in front of the nation and tell lies with a poker face. She just did it again with the end of the world video.
Posted by spindoc, Saturday, 8 December 2012 9:12:09 AM
The real irony is that for us, most of what was worth having in our world came to an end when she got the PM job.

My grand daughter, who just started school will still be paying for the excesses of this idiot, & her back stabbed mate long after most of us have gone.

You only have to look at her recent incredibly costly "initiatives" to see she is setting us up for a great deal of pain. Obviously the vindictive bi##h knows she's gone, & is going to make us pay for not loving her, for the rest of our lives.

How does that old saying go, "The difficult we do immediately, The Impossible Takes A Little Longer". We should add, but nothing could make anyone love Gillard.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 8 December 2012 10:46:22 AM
The difficult I can do right now. The impossible will take a little while….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGe79yfcb4
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 8 December 2012 1:13:04 PM
>>It seems even the AZTEC'S had their religious nutters!<<

The Aztecs did have a lot of religious nutters but we're talking about a Mayan 'prophecy'. Which is crap anyway: the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world in 13 days time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Saturday, 8 December 2012 3:23:23 PM
Oh come on and lighten up a little.

Only a couple of weeks and the so-called Mayan prediction of the end of the world will be upon us.

I'm sure that, like the post-carbon taxed Wyalla, the world will still be here for us to continue whining about it.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 10 December 2012 2:51:13 PM
<<Oh come on and lighten up a little>>
That’s what the executioner used to say to the witches.

What is the difference between the believers in the Mayan end of times and the believers in the IPCC end of times?
One group will ravage foreign lands for captives to sacrifice, while the other will ravage its own lands for its sacrificees.
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 10 December 2012 4:23:51 PM
funny enough the warmist predictions are similar. The only difference is that they use pseudo science and lies to peddle their fear mongering. The bible looks more sensible every day.
Posted by runner, Monday, 10 December 2012 4:37:34 PM
What I find ridiculous is how the skeptics brand AGW as "a religion" and themselves as "heretics'.

AGW is based on scientific data but sceptics base their arguments on little more than belief.

Surely the roles are reversed.

Like their flat-earth predecessors, the sceptics are the real religous zealots here and it's the science they see as some sort of heresy.

Is it all just about the dollars involved or is it a challenge to their view of reality?

I wonder.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 11 December 2012 2:30:55 PM
Well I will be amazed!

It's the 22nd December, the day after Armageddon, and we're all still here!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing. All is GOOD with the world.

Yaaarhooo!
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 22 December 2012 10:38:19 AM
Good onya Ludwig, it was a grin and welcome change.
Obama did not get replaced or killed.
Rudd did not get a second innings.
so many things did not take place.
BUT!
Have faith I am telling you about next year.
Labor will go, those who knifed Rudd installed Gillard, will blame her.
Then fight to see what one of them will replace her.
STUNNING as it is, to the under informed, BILL[MACK THE KNIFE]SHORTEN will be the winner.
Handy now as the milking bit of cows on a BULL.
Abbott will be replaced before the election.
ALP- unable to confront the thought a leaders popularity out weights POWER BROKERS will fold up in to a tiny ball and whimper.
Turnbull?
As much as I fear it will equal Howard in popularity.
579 will find some thing bad about the ALP!
And I will, gee this is unlikely, forgive the Snakes for knifing Rudd!
sorry that last bit is a lie.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 24 December 2012 4:16:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy