The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Religion do we need it?

Religion do we need it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. Page 50
  10. 51
  11. 52
  12. All
Dear Belly,

<<Now you are I am sure, well aware of my intention that humanity be one.>>

No, I am not - please explain.

<<One race knowing all are equal.>>

Do you want there to be only one race?

Do you want people to think that all are equal even while people are not equal?

<<No God or one, invented to unite not divide.>>

Do you want there to be no god?

Or do you want people not to invent god?

God is not invented anyway, so what's the issue?

<<A world thats ee,s no need to celebrate difference.>>

There is ALREADY no need to celebrate difference - so what would you like changed?

Thanks in advance for clarifying.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 5:28:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
The god one actually believes in is characterised by the attitudes, motives and action of the person themselves.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 6:22:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah, hello, the man in the shack is back.

>>The only sense in which we are equal is in the ultimate reality of what we are, that beyond appearances, including the human appearance, we are God - this, and nothing short of this, is what makes us deserving of dignity. I bow down to God that you are.<<

If the only "sense" that we are equal is "in the ultimate reality of what we are", why are you so adamant that we are not?

>>If you think of yourself and of myself and of Josephus as men (or women), then it is obvious that we are not equal<<

Errrmm... what happened to the ultimate reality, in which you insist that we are equal?

Yuyutsu, the more you tell us about yourself and how you approach the world, the less sense you make, and the less credible you become. It would help if you did not contradict yourself so much. But I guess that's the price you have to pay for trying to be so deep'n'mysterious.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 10:44:36 AM
Dear Pericles,

It's simple:

1. In our ultimate true nature we are the same, and therefore equal.

2. No two humans are equal, never been, never will, never can, so if you hold to the illusion as if yourself and others are humans, than what you call "we" are not equal.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 2:48:37 PM
Y lets see, in Nigeria yesterday, bigoted followers of a middle ages God slaughtered Christians.
Because?
In their view there is only one God theirs.
My dream is we can undo part of evolution.
That part that saw us in our different country,s and environments, invent different Gods.
Different languages,cultures.
That we could actually practice what we preach, and pretend to believe.
That all man/humanity is one.
An alternative, lets go out and kill one another, in the name of? GOD.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 5:23:15 PM
Dear Belly,

<<in Nigeria yesterday, bigoted followers of a middle ages God slaughtered Christians.
Because?>>

And what on earth tells you that they have been following a god rather than their own agenda? Do you seriously believe that God told them to slaughter Christians? Otherwise they are just pretending to follow God!

<<My dream is we can undo part of evolution.>>

That would be nice - especially if humans are out the door first!

<<That part that saw us in our different country,s and environments, invent different Gods.
Different languages,cultures.>>

So your dream is that everyone will live in the same country, everyone will live in the same environment, no gods will be invented, there will only be one language and one culture. Did I read you correctly?

<<That we could actually practice what we preach>>

I know of many preachers - should they all practice what they preach? What for example about those who preach to kill Christians?

<<and pretend to believe. That all man/humanity is one.>>

So you believe that the ideal is a world of pretence, where none of us believes that man/humanity are one, but nevertheless we play that game in daylight (then at night, when nobody sees, we prepare traps, poisons and ambushes for each other). Do you really believe that this is a good idea, or do you just pretend to believe so?

<<An alternative, lets go out and kill one another, in the name of? GOD.>>

Interesting, so killing covertly is good while killing overtly is bad?

As humans we are NOT equal and I for one have no intention to pretend that we are!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:50:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. Page 50
  10. 51
  11. 52
  12. All