The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Budget savings + higher taxes?

Budget savings + higher taxes?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
The nerves are raw today. Toxic Tony has been foot swallowing again.
This thread is all about how negative you can be, not one job lost, and that is seen as bad.
Fancy the likes of Abbott sticking up for new mothers.
$5000 was somewhat over the top i think.
No one will have a problem with that one, except Toni and the fat bloke.
Not one job lost, that will reverberate around the halls of the liberal camp, and Toxic Toni is planning 20,000 public service jobs to axe.
The unemployment figures are not high enough for the 1% fraternity.
It's time Turnbull came to the rescue, and shored up the flagging liberal camp.
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 11:54:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister, please provide us with a link to where you complained on any online forum, about how the coalition, whilst in power, increased the number of times a company must put in their tax forms and pay their tax, from yearly to quarterly.

I bet you wrote NOTHING about that .... ANYWHERE. If you did, then provide us with the link.
Posted by DiamondPete, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 12:22:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DP,

The idiocy and arrogance of your last post is epic.

Firstly, as the introduction of quarterly payments was in 2000, long before I, and the vast majority even started on Blogs, (First ever Blogs were circa 1997) so the absence of my blogging on the issue is completely irrelevant.

Secondly, You lied when you said you were prepared to pay $50 to a charity if it was proven that Juliar Gillard lied.

P.S. Can anyone prove that Juliar did not lie?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 2:43:34 PM
579 and DP,
Personally I would like to see the baby bonus abolished completely. I was a poor move by Costello.

However, you can bet that most mothers to be will not be happy about having to go without a $2000 handout.

Serves Labor right for spending like drunken sailors a year or so ago, and for bungling the illegal boat people policy.

Aussie mothers are now paying for labor stupidity.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 4:57:01 PM
Why don't these callous drongos look at their own benefits to recoup some money ? 50 Grand a year payrise & they're talking about taking a few dollars off the battling mums ? I'm not in favour of the baby bonus but if the pollies have no qualms about the quality of life for many young children then they certainly should have no qualms about cutting their own utterly undeserved benefits. B....y hypocrites & useless ones at that. That goes for all parties.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 6:20:04 PM
I am afraid this is simply the beginning of what's to come, regardless of who is in power, as once wasted, money can not be used again.

As for the budget, firstly, Swan should never have strived for a surplus at any cost.

Secondly, Rudd should never have removed the workable solution that was in place for stopping the boats and, while I recognize the illegals problem would have been worse than before, a workable system is easier to improve than to remove as was the case.

As for the baby bonus, this was one of the worst ever policies implemented by any government and, despite the fact that decent people received the benefit, there is little doubt it was a fizzer, as it simply encouraged losers to breed.

But, the bottom line is, someone needs to tell labor that they can only spend money once.

Finally, yet another attack on business confidence by an incompitent bean counter.

All he is doing is taking an IOU from next year, and cause grief to many business people, who, by the way, are already uncertain due to government policy and reckless mind changing mid term.

If they (labor) cause this pain and don't achieve surplus, we may see the end of the worlds smartest treasurer.

We can only hope his crew sinks with the same boat.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 7:50:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy