The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Old Photographs

Old Photographs

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I have come across a B&W photograph of a couple that were my parents' close friends.
I presume that at the time this picture was taken (1948 or there abouts)my father was a 2nd Lieut and so was this gentleman - British Army.
The only clue I have is that this couple's names were Winnie and Hoppie possibly surname(Hopwarth).
I will be delighted to get in touch with any relative of their's. I've exhausted all avenues. Is there anyone out there who give any suggestions.

Ta
Posted by sleepy, Saturday, 20 October 2012 10:32:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My records say there has never been a Hopwarth in Victoria Australia.
The closest i can come is Hopwood, Hopwell, Hopworth.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 21 October 2012 2:31:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No such name as Hopwarth existed in NSW Australia, up until 1981
Posted by 579, Sunday, 21 October 2012 3:14:09 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=2de++lut+Hoppie+possibly+surname(Hopwarth).&shva=1#hl=en&spell=1&q=2de+lieut+Howarth+british+1948&sa=X&ei=iYSEUNmEEIbsiAe53YGIBQ&ved=0CBoQBSgA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=f80fabfd7bba515a&bpcl=35466521&biw=1264&bih=664

my thinking is search british records
further do an image search..for the names..and see if a face appears in images search

anyhow..i thought it was going be to about special pictures
and i thought the picture of the fig tree figtree pocket is nam,ed after[with the blades of the fig 3 times higherr than a man..standing in the shadow of the roots

or the turtle photo i got of 3 groan men sitting on a huge turtle
or then 'hero's'..cutting down huge trees..or them other heroes standing there with 'the biggest/rarest..old groth biollogu life form[trophy]

but if your looking for service records
unit citations etc nuthin is easier..exoldiers hang together

and the suicide rate of 1 per hour..is worth mention too

talk to the war mongers museum..
in canberra..or rsl..or hea[ps of organisations even own hospitals etc[defense dept..govt loves tying old diggers back together for a photo op..

ok next we got a select group wjo took pictures
look for war arists..or photohogs
Posted by one under god, Monday, 22 October 2012 9:37:26 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not taken your Meds again to day I see OUG.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 22 October 2012 2:31:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy