The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Remember these words, AT ANY COST!

Remember these words, AT ANY COST!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
These three words AT ANY COST may well be the worst three words many have heard for many years.

Our government is now scrutinizing the likes of 'super' and 'the GST' to name just a couple, searching for ways to fill the void of their il fated promise of a surplus at any cost.

To think all this potential hurt could have been avoided with two simple moves, withdrawal from Afghanistan and stop the waste-fest on illegals. it's still not too late, but time is ticking.

The only comfort I can draw from this fiasco of a government, is that they have achieved their wasteful ways without my support.

I say again and again, if only they were accountable.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 27 September 2012 9:39:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No not true, not GST.
Every government has its slash and burn period.
I see you often complain of over spending.
Now you complain about the opposite.
Any action the take you will jump on.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 27 September 2012 12:28:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just stop the NBN!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 27 September 2012 5:19:02 PM
The Labor Party in particular will come after your super.Watch a great big new tax emerge if they do not get their BS Carbon Tax up.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 27 September 2012 5:19:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not true on both counts Belly.

They are looking at the GST.

As for over spending, that's never been my issue, however, prioritized spending is.

You simply can't go throwing borrowed money at external problems, when you have to first borrow the funds to do it.

I don't think they should have tried to achieve budget surplus in the first place, but remember, it was Mr Swan that said he would achieve surplus, at any cost.

So, given his budget estimates was planned around projections, and little more, I am curious how he intends to achieve his surplus and,What, or who, will be the losers if he goes for his unachievable dream.

BTW, il informed me, along with others said it wouldn't happen, of cause, we, as is usually the case, were dismissed.

I am afraid it's very hard to see what an employer sees, when ones job is created for them. No offense intended.

NBN, yes, I forgot that one. Set to place us in the fast lane of the crumbling global economy.

One can only wonder where we would be had this lot not been handed the cheque book.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 27 September 2012 7:24:18 PM
Reduce immigration to net zero.
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 27 September 2012 7:48:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy