The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Househusbands

Househusbands

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I usually avoid and cringe at Australian tv, in particular the soaps.

Over the years I have known a number of men who were house husbands, and it was rather interesting listening to some of their experiences, but usually it was like trying to get blood out of a stone.

Simply because they weren't terribly forthcoming with their experiences, perhaps being somewhat fearful of the consequences should they be found out by their partner.

So watching the latest Australian TV offering about house husbands has been an interesting experience, sure TV or films often 'dramatize' or use 'artistic license' to bend the truth and make somewhat boring daily routines, interesting.

From what I have seen in this show, it is portraying men especially fathers from a different angle.
Posted by JamesH, Monday, 10 September 2012 11:47:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JamesH >> From what I have seen in this show, it is portraying men especially fathers from a different angle<<

I believe I would rather watch paint drying.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 10 September 2012 3:42:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When we first started our stud, I was a house husband, as well as a farmer. The position of town librarian came up just after we bought the property, but before we moved there. The idea of a regular income while establishing was very welcome, & my lady got the job.

I was very lucky with my neighbours. The school bus stop was 4 miles away, where 3 families caught the thing. I don't know why it is so hard to keep an eye on your watch when plowing a field, or drenching a few cattle, but it is.

We were all guilty of missing the pick up time, but I was guilty more often. Thankfully those great neighbours would grab my daughter for me.

It got worse when my son started school. The preschoolers were not allowed to catch the bus, we had to drive them. We had a bit of a fight when the school wanted to run preschool 5 mornings a week rather than the 3 days it had always been. It is virtually impossible to get any work done when you have to be at a school at 9.00AM, then again at 11.50AM, with about 50 minutes of driving in between.

I rather enjoyed that time. One thing about doing the shopping & the cooking is that you get to eat mostly the things you like best, & ladies are very loath to complain, when they don't have to cook. In fact I think it's is fair to say most women like almost any food that someone else is cooking for them.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 10 September 2012 4:23:32 PM
house hush bands..oh ok..they do the same things
a house -wife..does..except is expected to do the male things as well

so basicly house hushbands..need to learn the tricks
work from top down..pick up the big things first
have lots of drawers..for those pens/note pads..etc

then go mow the lawn..change the sparkplugs..[to a bit hotter..cause its a bit snmokey

in my day..washing meant boiling a big bath of water in a copper kettle..while the water was boiling you were doing ten other things

others simply told the maid..
the thing is a house husband cant be mother
and any mother that can simply walk away from the kid and me..well im going to have to think on it

dop they still have bread\/milk /veg man..comming round on their carts at all hours..as hubby goes off to work..a clever woman goes to work..too,..and pays pennies for the nany to raise them..or send them off gto boreding school

anyhow here is how i se it
a hooker earns 500/100 for one night
i go off another..and the weaks wurk is dun

we all go party all week..
both husbanding..shepparding our resources
then she goes off to work..then i go off to wurk

it may only wurk in words
im too possesive

anbyhow

so effectily were both working
enough to meet oour megre needs
and clean up after opurselves..doing what house work we can..while our partner is away

value add
if you want to be together
work at how to do more of that
Posted by one under god, Monday, 10 September 2012 4:54:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Housework.... I'm from the old school, that is woman's work :)
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 8:10:58 PM
Yabby, I don't think that is going to work? ;(

The sounds of silence, so either the gender amazons warrior types and either too knackered from doing the housework to respond.

Or they have other fish(men) to fry.
Posted by JamesH, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 9:09:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy