The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Yabbys Adventures- Life through a Farm Animals Eyes.

Yabbys Adventures- Life through a Farm Animals Eyes.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
This thread is fictional and dedicated to All Farm Animals.
We invite everybody to contribute in a light hearted manner to come up with ideas and suggestions towards the final trip to ME to be taken By Yabby The little Lamb.

Part one>

The first place I can remember is a long cool paddock under a shady tree with my Mother.
We often stood there and watched the other lambs playing in the sun.
I had problems with my knees right from a nipper which Mum told me was inherited from my father’s side. Mum would have said that.
I was cute for a boy and the other lambs sometimes used to make fun of me so basically I was lonely and spent most of my time close to my mother.
One day a man came to our farm and was looking at my Mother and some of the others in a strange and scary way.
I didn’t sleep much after that and when I did I kept having nightmares about this man called Mark.
It was rumoured he was a big wig from the city apparently one of those Government trade officials and I didn’t trust him one bit.
I heard through some of the others that this Mark "personally" organised ship loads of live sheep direct to Kuwait Governments and other countries.
I learned a lot by watching mum and we had a kind master who at times would bring by special treats. I liked to lay close to mum of a night and when it was hot we would stand by the pond the catch the cool from a big tree. As soon as I was old enough to eat grass my mother used to often leave me to play and come back later through the day.
I made some good friends in those times and often chatted with some of the animals from our ajoining farm.
There was Jessey the Cow and Harriot the chook Milly the Sweet old mare and many more.
One funny friend who became very special to me was Miss Piggy.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 12 April 2007 7:07:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby's master stood quietly by the tree and held her breath as she gently squeezed the trigger. The rifles report scattered the sheep, but for one little lamb who seemed confused as to what had just occured. Ironic,thought the master, that when that feral pig grew up to be a Mrs Piggy she and her offspring would be a threat to a lamb that small, and the lamb wouldn't be chasing her then.
The master hoped the pig wasn't diseased, as lone ones often are, because it had been a while since the dogs had had fresh meat. Things were pretty tough financially and the dogs hadn't been getting as many scraps as usual. The master thought about Mark's proposal as she watched the excitement build when the dogs could smell a rare treat. Perhaps, she thought, we could all do with the odd luxury.
Posted by rojo, Friday, 13 April 2007 12:12:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But brave little Yabby suddenly leapt to his friends defence and blocked the path to his friend. His little knees were shaking but he stood firm. Some of the others friends had been watching as well when suddenly Wally the Crow Flew in and knocked Yabbys boss Wife off her perch. Right at that time Mr Farmer came along and told his wife to leave the animals mix in their own way like they had for hundreds of years before. He said he was friends with the neighbour of Miss Piggy and he would have none of that high stepping city slicker attitiude on his farm. She ran inside crying threatening one day I will send all those sheep away on the death ships, you will see you will see I will Ring That Mark From the Trade Ministers Office.

The farmer walked over to Yabby and patted him on the head. He said there now little chap dont you worry yourself about that Yabbs shes just all huff and puff and I dont send our farms animals away you know that.

Yabbys rubbed his nose against his farmer boss in thanks.

The farmer sat there talking for a while concerned by the hardness of his new city wife.

All the Animals Looked at the farmer and he said.

Later that Evening everybody gathered around at the upset coming from the farm house.

I shall not want you on my farm again said Mr Farmer to Mrs Farmer - go with you now back to your pretend farmers family and their cruel.
Go Back Go your familys intensive pig farms and tell Amanda dont bother to come her with her ideas again of making more money from locking pigs in tiny cages too small for the animal to even turn around.
I will have none of it.
Off you go! Be away with you women!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 13 April 2007 5:44:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Life continued to be pretty good at the farm and all the animals would watch some of the things happening in the area to pass the time.
One thing in particular was men coming and going putting up signs Elders.
There were signs reading Elders Real Estate and Elder banks and even Elders Insurance. Yabby was always interested in what was happening around him and one day asked his mother who these people were.
She didnt answer he young son but walked off with tears in her eyes.
This made him even more curious but not wanting to upset his Mum decided he would ask Miss Piggy next time she dropped by for a chat.

When he didnt see her for a few days he asked old Daniel about his previous job.
Daniel said you run off now yabby and play with the other animals its nothing for you to be worrying your pretty little head over Elders wont be getting this farm- Over my dead body.

Just at that moment Jessey The Cow and dear old milly his favouite Mare came trotting towards Yabby and he was off with a flick of his tail to play in the sun.

They all had a lovely afternoon and Yabby even helped Milly bring in the other cows for the Farmer.
Milly was so smart sometimes she would round up the whole heard for milking without farmer Brown.
Yabby often thought Milly was the bosses favouite. She was such a kind old Mare and smarter than those city blokes with their computers too!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 13 April 2007 6:07:19 AM
No not me no way I will let this anti farm thread hide behind humor.
Would yabby be alive if humans did not eat meat?
Would the first humans have made it this far without meat on the table?
Is this little sheep sorry that it eats plants and grass alive?
Not for one minute should we forget we have far too many humans who are hungry and far to many who look constantly for reasons to protest about anything.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 13 April 2007 8:03:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby returned from the back padock with Milly and his master. Yabby`s master has been talking a lot to other farmers about opening abattoirs just down the road. Yabby asked his master why he would want to do that. He said well Yabby some people dont understand that they just share gods country with other animals like yourself and Milly.
Yabbys asked his farmer why people dont eat more grass and plants like he and his mum.

The farmer sat down on a log and all the other farm animals gathered around. Farmer Brown pulled out his pipe which always caused much excitment amoung the farm animals because that meant he was going to take a rare break and often he shared stories with them.

Old Wally The crow in particular would gather close around because he knew what most other people couldnt understand. That was our master knew crows could count. He would play counting games with Wally and Wally loved it. He often out smarted the master too and he would roar laughing and chuck Wally some extra bread. Yabby always personally felt that Wally liked the smell of the Pipe. Farmer Brown told them some funny stories and they all laughed. Yabby really enjoyed himself. He had good kind farmer . Yabbys Mother loved him very much. When she saw him at the gate, she would trot up to him. He would say. 'Well, old Pet as he would patted and stroked her how is your little Yabby going?. Then he would give us a peice of bread which was very good. All The horses would then come to him but I always felt we were his favouites.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 13 April 2007 8:58:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy