The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gillard, Gordon and Slater, and Mr Wilson.

Gillard, Gordon and Slater, and Mr Wilson.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All
Mr Thomson says the documents back up his claims Ms Jackson is not a credible witness to allegations he misused union funds.

"How could Fair Work have all of these documents yet not make any comment on them in relation to the Victorian investigation, yet spend hundreds and hundreds of pages talking about similar issues that I was alleged to do?" he said.
Posted by 579, Friday, 31 August 2012 5:40:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Pelly,

I came across this passage recently which may be
of interest:

"Unfortunately politics is a dirty word in
Australia today. I know that many people, particularly
young Australians are dismayed by the current
political scene and can find no place in it for
themselves.

The powerful groups in the community, in particular in
large corporations (and government) carry a great responsibility
but as someone once said, "(Their) access to money,
... and the ears of power ... drains the decency from
democracy."

The result is a kind of conservatism which is an impediment
to social change and breeds prejudice. It isn't good for
Australia, for the land or the people."

This was published in 1987.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 1 September 2012 10:48:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot,

I got the photo off google images, are you seriously suggesting that where the photo comes from suggests that I support a particular agenda? If you have the IQ to determine the difference you are being obtuse, especially as they probably pinched the photo from someone else.

The allegations against KF that are labelled "disturbing" by Mr Brown, are at worst conflicts of interest only if undeclared. That FWA had the information and did nothing, is probably because they were declared, and bringing them up against a whistle blower is like trying to discredit a witness in a murder trial because of a jay walking offense.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 1 September 2012 11:46:48 AM
SM,

"...especially as they probably pinched the photo from somewhere else..."

You mean they spotted the anomaly.

Of course, I don't think you support IA's "paticular agenda". Your view is so skewed in one direction, it wouldn't matter what turned up, you'd find a way to negate it.
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 1 September 2012 12:05:06 PM
Poirot,

Pot calling the kettle black, you are as one eyed or more than I am. At least I don't quote from the Looney pages.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 1 September 2012 12:10:30 PM
The FWA statement,not enquiry, was one eyed all they saw was Thomson, and nothing else. That was written for the noalition agenda. Guided by one of their own, on the top shelf.
Mr Abbott could have told you what was in it before it was released.
A thousand pages of fraud,
So much for your stacked FWA. As Julia says it is an independent body, except for infiltrators.
Posted by 579, Saturday, 1 September 2012 12:51:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy