The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > You & Your Facebook

You & Your Facebook

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Hello everyone,

I am a student from Monash University, conducting an Honours research about the relationship between you and your Facebook profile.

This Behavioural Studies thesis investigates identity construction and management processes on Facebook, and their implications for the user's personal identity and self-concept.

Are you working out so hard at the gym that you feel a status update is in order?
Or are you taking a picture your meal and uploading it to Facebook, right before digging in?
Is a romantic relationship not "official", until it's "Facebook official"?

I'm looking for individuals to take part in a short 15-minute online questionnaire about their personal experiences with Facebook.
If this seems like it might be of interest to you, please proceed to the following URL, where you will be presented with an explanatory statement, before the commencement of the questionnaire.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/facebookidentity

Please also feel free to check out this Facebook page, which contains more information about the study: https://www.facebook.com/events/209143335880730/.

There is also a second part to this study which involves a brief face-to-face interview. If you think you might be interested in this or have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact me at facebookresearch12@gmail.com.

Thank you so very much for your time and attention, your interest and contribution towards this study is genuinely appreciated.

Cheers,
Sarah
Posted by Sarah_M, Wednesday, 8 August 2012 11:08:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Posting in the hope you do not get left out in the cold.
Not much use to you but here it is,just past working age I never got on face book.
It seemed unwise for some one who was in my job to put too much out there.
And after?
Seems family's who do not have the enjoy to keep in touch with each other, other than the odd call for help, will do so there.
Not me the thought that I need to rush online to tell of a coffee and toast amuses me.
then again maybe I am indeed old.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 9 August 2012 6:49:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm with you BELLY. I have absolutely no need to access nor use this 'facebook' facility, as I feel it's probably more within the preserve of our younger folk. Besides, I'm a pretty banal, and unremarkable fellow, thus many would find me very boring indeed.

Anyway, best of luck with your research, and I do hope you get sufficient responses to your enquiry, in order to make some considered decisions for your assignment.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 9 August 2012 2:12:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Done.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 9 August 2012 7:37:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As for you two above me.

There's a thousand groups on FB that you can connect to others with. I'm part of a photographic group with some older (60+) people actively taking part.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 9 August 2012 7:42:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy