The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Chamberlain in-question

The Chamberlain in-question

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Hi there MAC...

I read your thread with interest, where you said '...you were suprised how so many intelligent people were fooled...' or similar words.

You see the thing is, when conducting any criminal investigation, particularly that of a capital crime, preservation of the crime scene is most important. In the Chamberlain's matter, it's my understanding the crime scene was badly compromised (by some well meaning folk), thus significant evidence became lost, and other material, inadmissable.

Some time later, further 'quality' evidence also became inadmissable. Essentially, because the NT police failed to preserves the continuity of possession of certain articles of an evidentiary nature.

I know this simply by a conversation I had with a senior detective who was part of that enquiry. Myself, I'm now retired from the job. However, back in 1983 I was involved in a job and I had occasion to speak with this detective on another matter, and by way of general conversation, the Chamberlain case was naturally raised.

MAC...the law has stated inter alia, not only has Mrs Chamberlain's conviction for murder been expunged, the latest coronial enquiry has determined that a dingo has taken the baby.

Therefore the case is now closed. Do I personally believe Mrs Chamberlain ever had a case to answer in realtion to the missing baby ? Only the Chamberlains and God know the truth.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 15 June 2012 4:37:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lindy Chamberlain was my day nurse during three weeks in the Sanitarium Hospital Wahoronga with a bacterial infection and at that stage she has three infant children whom she loved dearly. There was no way she should have ever been charged with murder. The rouge stain found under the dash board was an organic material then used to seal and sound proof metal panels. It was not blood at all, but the police believed it looked like blood so it must be blood.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 15 June 2012 9:42:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

Very interesting 'insiders's' opinion. I, and many others, have always suspected that Lindy Chamberlain paid the price for the investigators' mistakes, certainly forensic science at the time was rather basic by today's standards.
However my point was, and still is -- how could so many members of the public express such strong opinions as to Chamberlain's guilt, they weren't 'in' on the investigation and they weren't sitting on the jury. The case of David Hicks is another example of this attitude.

I definitely don't have any opinion as to Lindy Chamberlain's complicity in Azaria Chamberlain's death apart from the fact that she didn't get a fair trial initially and she now has no case to answer. Well perhaps I do have an opinion- if Uluru had been a hunting area for wolves not dingoes, the outcome would probably have been different, the non-indigenous public now understands that dingoes are indeed dangerous animals.
Posted by mac, Saturday, 16 June 2012 8:59:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there MAC...

Thank you for your response and a further expansion of your views hitherto. As I said, only the Chamberlain's and God know the truth.

You also drew a reference apropos David HICKS. Well, that's an entirely different matter altogether. I'm sure there'd be many herein who would be most displeased if I were to articulate my opinion (and it would only be an 'opinion') in relation to Mr Hicks.

Probably not the correct thread in which I should expand upon my precise views on that particular gentleman ?
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 16 June 2012 2:48:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mac, you wrote:

<< if Uluru had been a hunting area for wolves not dingoes, the outcome would probably have been different, the non-indigenous public now understands that dingoes are indeed dangerous animals. >>

It is interesting to note that dingoes, previously known as Canis dingo were relegated to a subspecies of wolf (Canis lupus) a few years back and are now accepted as being Canis lupus dingo.

So they are very closely related to wolves.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 16 June 2012 7:45:58 PM
Ludwig,

Yes, that classification is very significant.

What I meant was that dingoes were not perceived as dangerous animals by the general public at the time, since they look like domestic dogs. As far as I can remember many people regarded dingoes as dogs, not as a type of wolf, so they found it difficult to accept Chamberlain's account of events. The public perception of the species is quite different these days.
Posted by mac, Saturday, 16 June 2012 10:27:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy