The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > There should still be a no confidence vote on Slipper as Speaker.

There should still be a no confidence vote on Slipper as Speaker.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Liberals Billy Carts looking forlorn now.
On one wheel those pulling and pushing it putting up a lot of dust.
Shadow Minister, absent from his own thread is hoping the other pushers do not break.
Tell mum and dad when the wreckage arrives home.
Sorry Dad we thought it was the way you wanted it!
But mum! those pamphlets! we saw you do it.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 6 May 2012 5:53:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Considering that Slipper hired Ashby by himself using the resources given to him by the labor government, only after he took the position of speaker makes any claim that he was a coalition plant ridiculous.

That Mal Brough recommended that Ashby go to the police as any responsible citizen should after hearing of a crime.

The texts from Slipper to Ashby are not fake, and by themselves show a wildly inappropriate relationship that would in the private sector get any one fired for harassment. Also the police have found more than enough evidence to warrant an investigation just on the cabcharge dockets used since he became speaker.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 6 May 2012 7:30:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/concealment-hurts-coalitions-clout-20120506-1y6xw.html
The absents of Shadow Minister from his own thread is telling.
This,well balanced link is too.
It tells me the state of our politics is bad, on both sides of the house.
And in fact both sides insult us the voters by acting as if we all can be bluffed.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 7 May 2012 6:39:38 AM
Belly,

Forgive my lack of attention, but as I am travelling on business overseas, and not spending much time in one place, my attention is elsewhere.

While MB's earlier denials to the press were false and put himself in a bad light, the encouragement of Slipper to seek legal redress, while opportunistic was not in itself unethical. The deceit gives labor the chance to try and deflect attention from the mess it put itself into.

The point of the thread still stands. Slipper should be removed as speaker.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 8 May 2012 12:03:41 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/concealment-hurts-coalitions-clout-20120506-1y6xw.html
I tend to see other things in the thread, things we all will have bought to our attention all too soon.
Let me make it clear, I think Labors policy's, maybe 85% percent of them are great, carbon tax social welfare plans.
Education and a great deal more, including the mining tax.
We are in a mess, as much Abbott's making as our own,on refugees.
And Gillard could not hand out bottled water for free in a desert.
So what do I see?
Australians,in part because of factional control of my party has forgotten why 2007 took place.
Not me, here is a man, quite probably a grub, hidden within your ranks, for a decade, more most likely still to be unmasked.
Yet now you want him flogged?
Labor voters!yes we stand together, but only a thin threat holds us.
Not those who removed Rudd, then lied to us about polling, and keep Gillard as our concrete block.
Abbott holds us firmly to LABOR
The power brokers who put Thomson, in the house AS A REWARD FOR BEING NO GOOD AS UNIONIST!
You my power broking mates are intent on letting those who have Little regard for honesty the current opposition, in power.
May my party be free one day,from grubby power brokers who take ownership of the dreams and aspirations of those who have only the ALP.
Or had the day before you knifed Kevin Rudd and put a woman who could not win a raffle in his place.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 8 May 2012 6:11:21 AM
Belly,

The charges against Slipper were not dismissed by the police, as hoped for by Labor, and the evidence for sexual harassment is more than circumstantial. These charges are far more severe than anything that occurred whilst he was a liberal. The coalition were quietly getting rid of him, and Juliar even knowing his back ground embraced him.

This mess is entirely of Juliar's making, and the only way to clean the slate is to get him out of office.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 8 May 2012 1:00:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy