The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > There should still be a no confidence vote on Slipper as Speaker.

There should still be a no confidence vote on Slipper as Speaker.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Slipper is a disgrace, and that Gillard should be happy with him not sitting and continuing to draw the nearly 300k salary, perks etc is ridiculous.

Slipper should simply move to the cross benches and be finished with it.

I hope that Abbott puts in a no confidence vote in Slipper and gets him out.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 1 May 2012 4:01:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If I were his employer, I would be facing charges of allowing sexual harassment to occur within my workplace.

Rules for some hey!
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 1 May 2012 6:47:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Both posts in my view clearly shout just how bad we are becoming in this country.
And just how blind some are to the decline, fueled by Abbott's branch of the Tea PARTY.
The Liberal senator, charged with shop lifting and assaulting the worker questioning her.
Acting as the bitter posts above, ignoring Australian law, we could have acted that way.
Before she faced Court and was FOUND NOT GUILTY.
I dislike her,but never would have asked for that.
Now Slipper, do not like him, never did,never will.
Is he able to rely on our system of justice?
ALP VOTERS stay the course, look at the views of the opposition!
Standard two here!

Slipper, hidden in opposition ranks, for a decade is guilty!
Of leaving the Liberal party , the only crime Shadow Minister is interested in.
If presented with even Gillard, it will not be so, I will vote for Labor not the wreckers of our Parliament.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 May 2012 5:14:19 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/national/pynes-late-night-drinks-with-slipper-accuser-20120501-1xxaq.html
I find no difficulty at all.
In saying I think we have found a new Godwin Gretch.
Comes the time comes the man.
Every steam train needs a fire man to feed it no finer thrower of questionable half truths exists than Mr Pyne.
While we Labor voters are disappointed, some feeling betrayed, remember why we are such, see those we oppose in action.
But too remember so bad is Gillard she is responsible for these folk getting away with it.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 May 2012 6:09:24 AM
Posted by Belly

" ... And just how blind some are to the decline, fueled by Abbott's branch of the Tea PARTY. ... "

Yes, well said *Belly*

I also am of the view that much of the NoAlitions behavior runs contrary to good governance, in that, as just one example, following failing to achieve no confidence motions on this or that, they just continue to rant on in an arguabley vexatious manner. The same is true as regards to their simplistic rhetoric used to incite the electorate at those times when it clearly runs contrary to the lawful processes of the judiciary visa vi how criminal and civil allegations are to be pursued.

On the other hand, I can see that if they can capture the greater portion of the swing voters by engaging them on matters that unite us, such as honesty, transparency & accountability, then no doubt this will be significant in optimising their chances of electoral victory.

Still, no doubt the policies which divide will be rolled out soon enough.

I would prefer to see a vote of no confidence in *Abbott* as he is an international embarressment to us. The reason I say that is because of his ignorant and arrogant attitude towards the Indonesians visa vi his "turn the boats around" policy.

Worse still, is his obvious lack of understanding of security. Suffice to say, that the good will of the local Indonesian people forms an important cornerstone when it comes to apprehending extremists.

Thus, if you abuse these people, whether they're fishers or those transporting Asylum Seekers, their stories will be heard and lead to an environment which is less willing to assist than what they may have otherwise been prepared to be.

I would prefer *TurnBull* and wait to see if *Abbott* will acknowledge *GreenBrowny's* call to go after not only the pedophiles, but also those who allegedly covered up for them.

As for *Slipper* well, the wheels turn slowly but ever increasingly finer.

I look forward to *Shadow Minister Whine* getting a good roasting. HaHaHa
Posted by DreamOn, Wednesday, 2 May 2012 3:12:05 PM
A no confidence vote on an allegation, and if the man is innocent, back pay.
The incredible level of desperation continues.
Pyne has stories to tell.
Abbott is up to his neck.
The noalition have not won a round yet.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 2 May 2012 4:15:04 PM

There is no doubt that Slipper is a sleaze bag, Why should he still be speaker when Jenkins was forced to resign. He does not deserve the extra $20 000 per month of pay and perks when a genuine person could do the job.

It will also force Wilkie, Oakeshott and Windsor to put their money where their mouth is.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 2 May 2012 6:09:51 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/a/-/newshome/13583820/labor-pounces-as-pyne-alters-slipper-story/
As we saw in the UTE affair Liberals need very little truth in the ingredients for the cake cooking.
Here is evidence something indeed has been cooked up.
It may well pay, while not ignoring Gillards faults to look at Australia's Water gate,Abbott/Pynes endeavors here.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 May 2012 3:39:08 AM
Belly,

There is something being cooked up, note in your link:

"Mr Pyne, has regular contact with the Speaker's office as manager of opposition business in the lower house" If Pyne needed expected to have regular contact with the speaker's office, of which Ashby was a member, Labor will need a little more to go on than Mr Pyne having contact with Ashby.

Given that Labor is trying to insinuate that the coalition had a hand in the court case, they have yet to show that the coalition even had prior knowledge. This is really grasping at straws.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 3 May 2012 4:09:19 AM
Shadow Minister, on a morning like this, and an issue like this, Tiny Target Tony will be bought down.
Not by Labor, not by self interested and dysfunctional media.
But by the TRUTH.
He as always is never closely related to truth.
Blinded by his ambition to be PM he gets close to Richard Nixon in make and baking of issues.
Who would have thought, just ten years ago, we would see the truth behind Murdock's control and influence.
We too, will see Abbott bought to answer, Pyne? he convicted himself with his use of EXACTLY the same terms and words as tiny used.
Abbott is like Gillard bringing great concern in side his party.
An earth quake will come.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 May 2012 4:37:55 AM
Belly,

Juliar wouldn't know the truth if it her between the eyes. You have long predicted Abbott's uncovering and downfall with zero evidence. Labor and the unions are rotten to the core, and the short time in government has exposed them.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 3 May 2012 6:35:20 AM
What about a no confidence vote on Abbott as a lame duck opposition leader.
Abbott and pyne more to come no doubt.
10,000 public service gone in qld and vic. Education been hit dig time in vic.
Mining out of control, overheating, and steeling labor. 400 put off from qantas maintenance, WA mining said we will take the lot.
Too many eggs in one pot.
Mining advertising for anyone with a hart-beat to apply.
I will be in qld next month, restock my supply of pickled yabbies, and miss the winter gloom.
Vote one labor.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 3 May 2012 8:28:29 AM
Gday SM thanks, will store that for the morning after he is dumped.
By his own party.
OH just a thought, you know what I think of Gillard so what was that about, do you fancy her? not my type but .
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 May 2012 4:05:39 PM
Slipper is a shonky sleaze and was also known to be a shonky sleaze when he was being protected by his own party.

Slipper was also known to be an Abbott supporter and Abbott (who won his leadership by 1 vote) was happy to look the other way until Mal Brough started sniffing around for a seat in the lower house and the media started putting in FOI requests for cabcharge information last year.

He was also happy for Slipper to be Deputy Speaker.
If not for the change in speakership Slipper would have continued to enjoy Abbott's protection until the next election.

Gillard is only interested in Slipper for the same reason Abbott was, and to shift the entire blame for his practices onto Gillard alone is just bizarre.

Both leaders are complicit and both should share blame.

This is mainly a diversion exercise to avoid policy scrutiny and to distract from the coming budget session.
Posted by rache, Friday, 4 May 2012 11:18:10 AM
Slipper prior to ascending to the speakership, abused his privileges apparently without actually committing fraud, and as a consequence, the coalition forced him to repay these amounts, excluded him from high office, and were moving to retire him.

Slipper took the deputy speakership against the wishes of TA who was powerless to stop him, similarly taking the speakership, which got him expelled.

While 20/20 hindsight can blame the coalition for not acting sooner, the full blame for appointing a man of dubious character to one of the most senior parliamentary positions can only fall on Juliar, and no one can claim that she did it without full knowledge.

While he is stood aside, he still occupies the speaker's offices, private dining rooms, and gets the $300k salary. He should not just be stood aside, he should be replaced.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 4 May 2012 2:41:30 PM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/i-urged-slipper-staffer-james-ashby-to-go-to-court-says-mal-brough/story-fn59niix-1226347306699
The question I ask is not about the guilt of Peter Slipper.
Not in defense of that lost Lady Julie Gillard.
In two parts it first is, was Slipper as mounting evidence seems to scream a victim of honey pot set up?

And too, no less important, how and why did Liberals hide this man?
In a thread *Hobsons choice* I ask do we have a choice who leads us.
I fear our choice is narrowing.
Under Abbott and Pyne we seem bound for a Government ruled by Godwin Gretch like lack of concern for honesty and truth, what other cake is cooking.
right now in a kitchen of lies and experimental half truths.
Maybe printing more of those pamphlets?
Is honesty a refugee from Liberal ranks?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 5 May 2012 5:19:21 AM
I can find no way around my thoughts on this issue.
Story's are about, in todays SMH and my linked one, that while working for Slipper, this bloke was working against him.
Now in my view that is very wrong.
Fertile ground for the thought he, and others set Slipper up.
Lets look, at the Bile/hate/ betrayal claims, CLEARLY LIES, against Oakshot and Windsor
First know, Oakshot served two terms as independent AT LEAST! in NSW Parliament.
And is in his second term in Federal Parliament, ,Windsor served for many years as independent in NSW HE ONCE HELD A NSW liberal GOVERNMENT IN POWER, as an independent!
He like Oakshot fled a then dieing National party.
A party subservient to Liberals, in trouble around Australia.
West Australia is seeing it gain a back bone,other states see its sitting members flee to Katter or others.
a constructed lie, that these blokes betrayed Conservatives, but that those who too, left the dieing country party/Nationals/MINERS PARTY,are ok.
My country has every right to be concerned with Gillard and her backers,they best serve by leaving!
But we are rewarding Conservatives for constructing half truths or just plain lies
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 5 May 2012 5:49:10 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/changing-stories-on-slipper-saga-put-coalition-in-the-frame-20120505-1y5dn.html
This country, each of us, should not ignore what confronts us.
The government, seemingly content to be trashed at the next election.
Blind to the polls, deaf to even its rank and file memberships concerns about Gillard.
A Dumb,enough to think it has convinced any one it had good reason to dump Rudd.
A Government waiting, even volunteering, for its execution.
But look at those we intend electing.
Impatient, wanting desperately to kill the carbon tax, before its implementation, and before it is seen as something THE WHOLE WORLD WILL DO.
Tiny Target Tony, his court jester Pyne, foolish and untrustworthy.
Have unclean hands here.
IF it was Labor hands?
Media madness would flood us all, Australian politics was once far better than this.
After electing this conservative party so very many who today defend them will understand, its a step back wards.
Julie Gillard, you share the blame, you can not win just go.
Take the back door, say you have decided to put party first and want to return to Minister for Education.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 5 May 2012 4:32:16 PM
Liberals Billy Carts looking forlorn now.
On one wheel those pulling and pushing it putting up a lot of dust.
Shadow Minister, absent from his own thread is hoping the other pushers do not break.
Tell mum and dad when the wreckage arrives home.
Sorry Dad we thought it was the way you wanted it!
But mum! those pamphlets! we saw you do it.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 6 May 2012 5:53:28 AM
Considering that Slipper hired Ashby by himself using the resources given to him by the labor government, only after he took the position of speaker makes any claim that he was a coalition plant ridiculous.

That Mal Brough recommended that Ashby go to the police as any responsible citizen should after hearing of a crime.

The texts from Slipper to Ashby are not fake, and by themselves show a wildly inappropriate relationship that would in the private sector get any one fired for harassment. Also the police have found more than enough evidence to warrant an investigation just on the cabcharge dockets used since he became speaker.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 6 May 2012 7:30:21 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/concealment-hurts-coalitions-clout-20120506-1y6xw.html
The absents of Shadow Minister from his own thread is telling.
This,well balanced link is too.
It tells me the state of our politics is bad, on both sides of the house.
And in fact both sides insult us the voters by acting as if we all can be bluffed.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 7 May 2012 6:39:38 AM
Belly,

Forgive my lack of attention, but as I am travelling on business overseas, and not spending much time in one place, my attention is elsewhere.

While MB's earlier denials to the press were false and put himself in a bad light, the encouragement of Slipper to seek legal redress, while opportunistic was not in itself unethical. The deceit gives labor the chance to try and deflect attention from the mess it put itself into.

The point of the thread still stands. Slipper should be removed as speaker.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 8 May 2012 12:03:41 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/concealment-hurts-coalitions-clout-20120506-1y6xw.html
I tend to see other things in the thread, things we all will have bought to our attention all too soon.
Let me make it clear, I think Labors policy's, maybe 85% percent of them are great, carbon tax social welfare plans.
Education and a great deal more, including the mining tax.
We are in a mess, as much Abbott's making as our own,on refugees.
And Gillard could not hand out bottled water for free in a desert.
So what do I see?
Australians,in part because of factional control of my party has forgotten why 2007 took place.
Not me, here is a man, quite probably a grub, hidden within your ranks, for a decade, more most likely still to be unmasked.
Yet now you want him flogged?
Labor voters!yes we stand together, but only a thin threat holds us.
Not those who removed Rudd, then lied to us about polling, and keep Gillard as our concrete block.
Abbott holds us firmly to LABOR
The power brokers who put Thomson, in the house AS A REWARD FOR BEING NO GOOD AS UNIONIST!
You my power broking mates are intent on letting those who have Little regard for honesty the current opposition, in power.
May my party be free one day,from grubby power brokers who take ownership of the dreams and aspirations of those who have only the ALP.
Or had the day before you knifed Kevin Rudd and put a woman who could not win a raffle in his place.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 8 May 2012 6:11:21 AM
Belly,

The charges against Slipper were not dismissed by the police, as hoped for by Labor, and the evidence for sexual harassment is more than circumstantial. These charges are far more severe than anything that occurred whilst he was a liberal. The coalition were quietly getting rid of him, and Juliar even knowing his back ground embraced him.

This mess is entirely of Juliar's making, and the only way to clean the slate is to get him out of office.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 8 May 2012 1:00:26 PM
It goes against the constitution.
Still no win for Toni.
2 votes and no win .
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 9 May 2012 9:56:21 AM
Not trying to niggle you SM.

After today it should be Abbott and Pyne facing votes of no confidence.
Simply over acting is not politics.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 9 May 2012 5:36:58 PM
Swan should face a no confidence vote for lying to the electorate in his budgets. He is presenting a $1.5bn surplus, and based on his $12bn deficit budget last year (now $44bn) we should get a final result > $25bn deficit.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 9 May 2012 8:08:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy