The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will Julia drag Federal Labor down? Is it too late to change to Rudd?

Will Julia drag Federal Labor down? Is it too late to change to Rudd?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
With the Queensland poll showing decisively that voters don't forgive or forget Politicians that lie to them. The question is whether the Labor caucus made a huge error in abandoning Rudd, and if it is too late to revisit the pre-emptive spill that Gillard called?

If trust is such an important thing in elections, should Gillard do the honorable thing, as did Bligh, and resign from politics? Or should the caucus push her?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 26 March 2012 10:02:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I say congrats, for a question that is not one eyed.
First I wanted Rudd, never wanted, still do not understand the actions against him.
Gillard can not win an election.
Rudd, if able to return after his defeat would confront these truths.
Voters want him.
Party does not.
Power brokers, wrongly in charge of my party will not let him return.
Bill Shorten will get the nod, and do a good job.
But it will take time,and an election loss, if that change is not soon.
The ALP my party and life, must face the truth, we must reform.
And need not face that defeat, Shorten, if soon, can do what is needed, and unite the party.
But if true reform still leaves power brokers, we may as well forget it.
Our branches stagnate, if after we gather and put our thoughts a power broker over rules tens of hundreds of us why be the front for a dictator ship?
I truly think Abbott is Labors best hope, and that too many in my party think that alone will get us over the line.
We are better than that.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 26 March 2012 2:31:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly I don't think you have that quite righty mate.

The poll for preferred PM I saw, during the challenge episode, showed Abbott 56%, Rudd & Gillard combined were 44%, with Rudd about double Julia.

The only time Rudd got to over 50% was when the choice was only between him & Gillard. He is not wanted by the majority. Having said that, I doubt Labor would be as low as it is, if he had stayed, but I'm also sure nothing was going to save them in this Qld election.

I could not believe the parachuting in of Carr. He has already shown he is a fool now, even if he weren't previously. It will be interesting to see what they try in BLigh's seat. If they try to stick a preferred new leader in there, they might just give it to one of the other lot. God help her future if a green gets it. She'd have to migrate to NZ.

Got to say it's a bit hard to find any loyalty in the lot of them. The woman should have swallowed her pride, shut up, & sat on the back bench. Surely she owed the party that much.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 26 March 2012 2:54:11 PM
Julia is one of the best legislators ever seen. She knows what will go and what won't.
No doubt Labor has had more popular leaders, but i don't see this as a popularity contest.
Nearly 300 bills passed.
The fact of being a woman, puts her off side.
A leader from outside of parliament is interesting.
The carbon tax is well compensated, and will slip in like any other tax.
No one mentions the tax cuts.
Abbott is supposed to be well educated, certainly doesn't show it.
He will be labors best asset, and big Joe, is 100% asset.
Posted by 579, Monday, 26 March 2012 4:51:00 PM
Oh crikey SM, how can you still be talking about Rudd?

He’s gone to where he belongs – far from the front line of Labor politics.

It’s time to consider someone else. And guess what? The best person to replace Gillard has only just recently appeared on the national political scene – Bob Carr!

Now if he were to become PM, Labor might actually stand a decent chance of picking up its act and being seen to do so by the general populace.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 26 March 2012 7:01:46 PM
"Nearly 300 bills passed." - yeah that's got to be a seller for those wanting less laws, less intrusive government.

"The fact of being a woman, puts her off side." I don't think to many really care about that, there are enough other reasons not to like her.

"The carbon tax is well compensated, and will slip in like any other tax." - how much compensation for those on good incomes but with big commitments?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 26 March 2012 7:33:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy