The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > War with Iran

War with Iran

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I think a few attending arjays protest on the weekend may get a look at why the man is so anti west.
No reflection on any person in attendance , but such silliness must be addressed.
Poirot, well, sorry but I remain convinced history shows, war is part of us.
Stopping them will only be achieved if we have only one world government.
And very Little freedom.
Take the time to look with eyes open at Israel.
A brilliant man has said.
*If terrorist lay down their guns there will be no war.
If Israel does there will be no Israel*
Harsh? maybe not the answer the pole dancing greens want.
But undoubtedly true.
Humanity is no mistake,we have come a long way and have a long way ahead.
In asking us to lay in a bed of flowers talking peace is like the peace in our time Nevile Chamberland, he almost took his country's freedom away, ours with it.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 22 March 2012 2:08:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G R,

I agree with your sentiments in principle, however, a necessary condition for the emergence of a truly peaceful world is a universal democratic community of nations. As a rule, democratic nations do not go to war with other democratic nations, in fact I can't think of any instance when that has occurred.

It's naive to think that war never solves problems-it's simply "policy by other means".

The existence of authoritarian regimes will always undermine any attempts to introduce the ideas you're promoting, so even the governments of democratic nations will negotiate in bad faith.
Posted by mac, Thursday, 22 March 2012 2:13:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

I didn't make myself very clear. I happen to agree that it's innate in man's tribal psychology to make war. Instinctively, he will always decide in favour of his own territorial or resource interests.

Yet, we do congratulate ourselves on our intellectual/spiritual ascendancy over the other species. I can only see, however, that our supremacy of intellect makes us a more threatening and diabolical entity to ourselves and the rest of the natural world.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 22 March 2012 2:31:12 PM
Iran is a cancer. Cancers must be excised. Nuke Iran, before they nuke us.
Posted by Austin Powerless, Thursday, 22 March 2012 5:17:25 PM
Arjay: There will be an anti-war protest on this Saturday 24th March outside the Sydney Town Hall at 12:00.

Who is running the Protest? Who are the Protestors protesting against? Let me guess. No, forgone conclusion.

GR: Iran was once the centre of world civilization & Zoroastrianism. It has a great culture going way back.

Yes it was. Many different peoples & Cultures went to make up Persia in it's first 4000 years. But since the 12th. Century the entire area of the Middle East has been in decline & is still going downhill. The first 400 years of Islam saw a rise in science & technology because of Islam, then a dramatic collapse for the same reason.

GR: The leaders have to be persuaded that Iran's best interests are to rejoin the world community.

Which world Leaders? The Wests or the Countries of the Middle East?

RG: We must not attack Shi'i Muslim religion, as this is in its pure form a great religion to be respected.

I agree. So are the Sunni, Jewish religion, Christianity, Hindu, Budhism, Jane & many others. I can't see Islam having respect for any religion except one of the two dominate sects & even then they don't respect one another.

RG: Iran will become a world leader again.

I very much doubt this & the same with all the Countries of the Middle East with the exception of Isreal. Until Their religion allows them to emerge form their Middle Ages. I can't envisiage that happening anytime in the near future.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 22 March 2012 5:24:53 PM
As far as I'm aware making war has been a crime for nearly a hundred years, on the premise of "crimes against peace" the NS government of Germany was found guilty and forced to pay reparations to the countries it had occupied during WW2.
There's no reason to think that the Obama and Netanyahu Regimes couldn't be prosecuted at some point in the future if they attack Iran and end up losing.
War with Iran would be a disaster, it'd mean the end of Liberal imperialism and the dominance of the London/New York/Tel Aviv axis of globalist power, they can't contain the Islamic world or China, Russia will rise again and Europe will again be dominated by her and Germany.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 22 March 2012 5:44:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy