The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Clive Palmers CIA Link?

Clive Palmers CIA Link?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The link between the CIA, Greenpeace and anti-mining activism in Oz might be a long bow however; the anti-mining activism alone is enough of a nightmare for the ALP/Greens.

The ALP/Green candidates in the QLD election will hope that “it’s all about State issues”. Whilst they field candidates that support this anti-QLD activism?

Several groups named in a secret Greenpeace-led coalition 'Stopping the Australian Coal Export Boom' targeting the destruction of Australia’s coal industry, have received almost $750,000 in federal funding to block 13 mining projects in QLD and 7 in NSW?

http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/news/anti-mining-activists-received-taxpayer-funds

The authors are;

John Hepburn (Greenpeace Australia Pacific)
Bob Burton (Coalswarm)
Sam Hardy (Graeme Wood Foundation)

Yes, this is the same multi- millionaire Woods that funds the Greens ($1.6m) and has ownership of the Global Mail.

Environment Victoria and the Conservation Council of WA confirmed to The Australian they had backed the anti-coal campaign. Environment Victoria was designated to fund $60,000 of anti-coal campaigning expenses in VIC and also bankroll a $90,000 protest in Melbourne.

The Australian reports the Nature Conservation Council, Environment Victoria, and the Conservation Council of Western Australia have received Government grants of $211,000, $213,215, $319,420 respectively since last December 2011 alone.

Prior to December 2011, the Weekend Australian (19/03/2011), reports an investigation by The Institute of Public Affairs, revealing other Government funding to NGO’s and Activists Groups.

The Australian Conservation Foundation $2.9m
The Wilderness Society $125,000
Environment Victoria $4.0m
Total Environment Centre $450,000
Environmental Defenders $1.2m
Conservation Councils, VIC.QLD and W.A Grants under GVEHO schemes, $$?
Friends of the Earth $65,000

A total of $10.85m in taxpayer’s money paid to the same activist NGO’s threatening our industries. Then our complicit treasurer last week slammed the Greenpeace plans as "deeply irresponsible" and "completely irrational and destructive", yet he is paying members of the group?

The Greens not only support this campaign, they want it extended to Gold and Uranium. Yes, the same Greens funded by Woods who is one of the key drivers of this campaign?

Why would QLD vote for any of these dangerous hypocrites?
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 21 March 2012 11:03:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually, if the Stop Coal Export was successful they would be doing
us a favour. We are going to need as much coal as possible to enable us
to transition to the new energy regime, whatever that turns out to be.
Likewise with natural gas we should not be exporting it. We will need it.

Consider this;
In Eastern Australia we no longer refine petrol.
Our petrol is imported from the Singapore market.
Caltex Sydney & Brisbane refineries are to be closed.
Shell Sydney refinery closed some time ago.
A shortage of exports from Asia for any reason whatsoever, outbid,
Middle East problems, refinery breakdown or shipping accident and we
will be queing for petrol.

We are now paying $1.56 a litre, some $1.60 a litre.
Co-incidence ?

So I support this particular green initiative, although my reasons
are very different to theirs.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 22 March 2012 9:36:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Barry, spin Doc
Any relation to arjay?
Bazz coal seam gas mate, it will fill your gap , we are about to become the worlds largest producer.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 22 March 2012 11:38:31 AM
Think so Belly ?
Read this;
http://www.energybulletin.net/stories/2012-03-21/peak-oil-crisis-parsing-bakken

Granted this article relates to shale oil and gas but the fundamentals
are much the same.
I believe coal seam gas is more beneficial to us than shale gas & oil.

Still, now that we do not refine petrol we are much more exposed and
perhaps the pump price is the result.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 22 March 2012 11:58:11 AM
I guess the thrust of this post is about the QLD election this weekend and what might motivate Queenslanders to vote for ALP/Greens when their policies, as outlined, are contrary to the interests of Queenslanders.

These policies may well affect other States however; it is QLD that will decide next.

How will Queenslanders view the Federal funding of those activist groups? How will they view Greens policies that take these activist views even further? To what extent might voters punish the ALP/Greens because of the CO2 and Mining Taxes?

Bazz, I personally suspect that it won’t matter to voters what the energy mix will be in the future, although there is rural opposition to CSG at the moment. The main issue is the across the board opposition to mining of anything from groups outside Queensland. Since these sectors are crucial to our economy, jobs and infrastructure, there is a growing resentment against those trying to inhibit what we currently do for a living.

I also think that Queenslanders will embrace a transition to different energy mixes but we will not be bullied into abandoning one thing without replacing it. Transition is one thing, smashing what we currently before a viable replacement is in place? No.

I may be misreading sentiment locally however; I sense that Federal Politics is both a stronger influence than normal in this election and a significant drag on ALP/Greens aspirations. I guess we will know for sure by Sunday?
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 22 March 2012 2:37:44 PM
Definately Spindoc, we will not allow existing energy sources to be
abandoned to suit any green agenda.
The first time a power station shed load or there was a "No Petrol"
sign displayed there will be such an uproar that any green
agenda will be thrown aside.
The greens do not seem to understand what an enormous project it is to
change the whole worlds source of energy. Some believe that it cannot be done.

It is just that these enthusiasts do not understand how long it will
take to manufacture a new system whether it is something totally new
or a mixture of solar, wind, tide, geothermal etc etc.
Also we will need plenty of energy to build the plant.

I have read a number of studies on that particular problem and some
believe it will take 50 years to complete the transition.

Another associated problem is obtaining the enormous amount of credit needed.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 22 March 2012 4:52:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy