The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Getting to the Point.

Getting to the Point.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Ok lets get to the point of the current leadership turmoil within the Labor party. I am enjoying hearing views for, against and optional to the raising of Kevin Rudd to Labor leader. This is what makes our democracy one of the shining beacons in the world of politics, we can say what we like. However, lets face it populist politics will always succeed over minority views. In this case I am happy to say Kevin Rudd should get the top job once more. I have spent the last couple of days lobbying my state Labor representatives to this effect. I believe it will make the nation a better place.
Posted by Cam_Kiely24, Saturday, 25 February 2012 2:09:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But Cam, you haven’t got to the point! What is the point of Rudd winning or losing? In what way would it have made the country better than under Gillard?

He’s been comprehensively beaten. That has surely got to be a good thing.

Rudd showed such terrible judgement on a number of things, not least the absolutely extraordinary watering down of border-protection policy, when it was bleedingly obvious what it would lead to…

And giving up the foreign affairs portfolio to challenge Gillard to the top job. Dumb!! Who in their right mind would have done that without being pretty damn sure that they were going to win?? For that matter, why give it up at all? He could have challenged her while still holding the position, and then presumably been able to keep it after losing.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 27 February 2012 11:22:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Welcome and lets see more of you.
I am just a poster like you ,but think we had plenty of threads here on the subject running.
I like you had a thread hung up when this event came but that is the way it happens.
ALP today pored its spite out on the only man who could have beaten Howard.
A tip from a gardener.
Such makes gardens grow, this will resurface.
Gillard has won only a reprieve.
A the knife is already behind her.
Todays polls? be sure to watch the next three months!
Posted by Belly, Monday, 27 February 2012 11:48:21 AM
At last, he's gone, at least to the back bench, where he can write his memoirs during question time and munch his own ear wax. He must look at Tony Abbott’s ears with pure envy.
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 27 February 2012 12:51:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think it will be too long before even leftist academia will be bracketing Rudd & McMahon together as 2 of the most incompetent people to have ever held the job of Oz PM.

Julia is much worse of course, but she is in a class of her own, & no one should be bracketed with her
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 27 February 2012 1:28:18 PM
What a great day for Labor!
Listening to Mr Rudd and to the PM as well - makes
one realise that what matters now is getting on with
positive outcomes for the good of the country. And I
believe that out of this recent challenge -
the party will succeed in uniting, and making reforms
that need to be done - and will implement the policies
that were promised. It will be full speed ahead - for
the good of us all. Mr Rudd was gracious in his speech
to the PM. She inturn returned in kind. Great stuff.
And only confirms what a great party Labor is.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 27 February 2012 1:39:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy