The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > drug addicted parents

drug addicted parents

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
We Have Drug Addicts raising our children

I spent some time with some friends of my partners. It was horrible; it opened my eyes to the seriousness of drug problems in our Australian families. How can we possibly have a smart caring and loving next generation when parents are high and drugged out? These innocent children are being dragged up, pushed around and abused by their undeserving, selfish brain-dead parents.

If these parents are not happily sitting around smoking their drug of choice they are out trying to make the money to support the habit in whatever way they can which is usually something criminal. Their children are pushed aside; their needs of attention and love are never met. There parent have a greater love in there life which takes all their energy, time and concentration. DRUGS

And what is to become of these children while their parents are smacked out, high and completely incompetent. They will never have happiness or security. They miss out on every child’s free right to a loving caring and attentive guardian.

We need to go through gruelling tests to receive a car licence but any crack or meth head can have a child and receive a few thousand dollars from the government as thanks; here go buy more drugs congratulations.

Its disgusting and it gives me great fear for what the future holds for these parents and their innocent children as well as what does it mean for great parents who are succeeding in raising beautiful children with promising futures.

WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT THIS PROBLEM
Posted by carol-lee, Tuesday, 27 March 2007 3:28:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think we could do a lot worse than sterilise all the kids who fail their School Certificate.
Posted by Riddley Walker, Tuesday, 27 March 2007 8:35:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
wut?
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 27 March 2007 9:32:09 PM
Yeah, I know many parents who drink alcohol to excess, and who smoke in front of their children. I don't know many junkies or crackheads, but quite a few parents I know smoke dope.

They should all be shot, or at least retrospectively sterilised :)

Seriously, any parent who is dependent on any drug to the extent that it impacts on their children should be getting help. Taking their kids off them will only create another generation of unfortunates.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 27 March 2007 10:26:59 PM
Some time back I spent some time watching a needle exchange or hole in the wall vending machine. I watched the “customers” during daylight hours. I assume the ugly and malnourished customers must use it under the cover of night. Most of the people I saw looked normal with a disturbing number of mothers with children. These kids are destined to be tomorrow’s dropkicks as parental control and example are not there. They will be the poorly educated, unemployed anti-social vandals of the future.
What Ridley Walker and C J Morgan propose is not as far out as it seems.
THINK OF THE AMOUNT OF ICE OR METH YOU CAN BUY WITH THE BABY BONUS.

Surely we can deny the baby bonus to any mother or father that test positive to drugs. It will at least reduce the numbers of children from parents incapable of taking any responsibility for their children.
Posted by SILLE, Wednesday, 28 March 2007 10:15:09 AM
The logistics would be nigh impossible.

Try offering free sterilisation. You couldnt force the issue, but if they dont want kids (the cost of having and raising them, or just not interested at all), then make sure accidents cant happen. If these people arent interested in their childrens welfare, help them make sure that they dont have any more.
Posted by Country Gal, Wednesday, 28 March 2007 11:49:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy