The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Living in this street

Living in this street

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
Recently a Minister in the WA Government was randomly attacked while visiting Northam. To drive through Northam, you would think it was sleepy hollow. It is only 40 minutes from the outskirts of Perth. Unfortunately tribalism is at work. The academics will blame the whitey's but the truth is they have nothing to do with this nonsense except to be the rescuers of those in danger. When will the aboriginal community take responsibility for their disgusting behaviour?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/fire-bombs-see-feud-turn-ugly-in-northam/story-e6frg143-1226262948982.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 5 February 2012 7:56:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner didn't god make all people equal. You can get knocked around in any street, and not a blackfella in sight.
Posted by 579, Monday, 6 February 2012 10:38:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...A fine example of family unity and loyalty, nice to see it in action once in a while runner; that also was “once” the Australian way!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 6 February 2012 10:57:04 AM
Why should the rest of the Aboriginal community own the behaviour of the few bad eggs involved in the Northam incident Runner?

Do you own the bad behaviour of everyone else from your' ethnic group?
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 6 February 2012 1:01:13 PM
Dear Runner,

A little forensics if we may.

Lets start with the random attack on a Minister Terry Redman. He was mixed up in a brawl at the Shamrock Hotel that started after a teenage Aboriginal lad was set upon by a couple of rather burly 'whiteys' although from the footage it does appear the second brother is trying to pull the first off the lad.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/review-of-police-response-after-mp-redman-attacked/story-e6frg12c-1226202385363

Some of the lad's relatives obviously took exception to his roughing up and sought to settle the manner. The Minister was at the wrong place at the wrong time and was caught up in the fracas.

Should the law have been taken into their own hands in either the first of second instances? Of course not, but it happened and to paint it as just some random attack when it patently wasn't is dishonest.

I'm not an academic but on this occasion I'm happy to place the blame for starting this at the whitey's feet. As to tribalism if you have ever been in a bar fight runner I have to tell you there has been more than one instance when I have been pleased to have tribalism on my side.

Cont..
Posted by csteele, Monday, 6 February 2012 1:15:15 PM
Susie

'Why should the rest of the Aboriginal community own the behaviour of the few bad eggs involved in the Northam incident Runner?'

This is not an isolated incident and it is insulting to call these people a few bad eggs. You can divert attention from this problem by pointing out bad behaviour by other groups but it is really a hollow denial tactic. This behaviour is not uncommon to varying degrees in many towns in NSW, QLD and WA. Just ask the Police Commissioner of WA who is honest enough to tell the truth.

How can their ever be reconciliation until the tribal and family groups get along together. Yes their is much bad behaviour with all people groups but I don't see gangs of 8 or 9 year old white kids running around with axes and machettes. Your denial of the problem adds far more to the problem than those who would like to see a solution. Have you ever lived in a street with this kind of behaviour? I certainly have and it is not pleasant.
Posted by runner, Monday, 6 February 2012 1:23:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy