The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 200 more asylum seekers dead. Is Labor to blame?

200 more asylum seekers dead. Is Labor to blame?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. All
Again denial of facts.
Insulting references to those who think differently as driven by hate or not understanding.
I truly could roll on the floor laughing, but it is more a matter to cry over.
I make this challenge, SM sits on his high horse waiting for my forecasts to fail.
But makes none of his own.
Polls, next few, will show NEGATIVE MAN is not doing his team much good.
INCREASINGLY, Abbott's team is not all behind him, he walks on thin ice.
2012 is his final year, part of it, as leader of his party.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 23 December 2011 4:49:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As we near our brand new year,before we sully it with our words of rage.
Can I thank every poster I have squabbled with this past year?
All of you have helped me grow.
That young man who left that small school has been hooked totally, on learning from that day.
Your informative education you gave me is adding to my learning.
You SM,RM, BANJO, MATE, showed me the truth
There are CERTAINTY'S ABSOLUTES even gravity may well be untrue.
It is certain Labor is always totally wrong.
I can ABSOLUTELY be charged that my every word is Labor bias, yours considered thought.
Been a fun year.
Safe ground here, might get one thing right this year.
Having been hood winked in to thinking NEGATIVE MAN is a self seeker with no ideas or talent.
And giving him more blame than any one for recent boat deaths.
I think we, middle Australia, have forgotten.
If the Greens truly cared, the fools could get around the NEGATIVITY
Just think, by voting with Labor, taking NEGATIVITY'S TOYS away,no more drownings!
However humanity runs last if the race is named self interest.
enjoy your holidays!
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 24 December 2011 4:45:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

Thank You for your kind words and I second your
wishes to everyone for a Warm and Joyous Festive
Season and a Healthy, Safe, and Prosperous New
Year. May we all have plenty of reasons to smile
in 2012.

We've had some very robust discussion during
this year - that's for sure. People have accused
us of "hatred," towards the Liberal Party. How can
anyone "hate" a party. One can only point out its
faults (as we see them) and hope for a change
of leadership soon. - Which
is after all what most of us try to do - (some more
persistently) regardless of our political leanings. Anyway,
enjoy this Festive Season.

All The Best,
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 24 December 2011 9:03:31 AM
Belly,

Unlike you I tend not to make predictions based on what I would like to happen, rather on facts and trends.

In Late 2008 I predicted that the abolition of the pacific solution would lead to thousands perhaps even tens of thousands coming, and you scoffed. In Sept 2010 I predicted that the most successful strategy for Abbott would be a negative one, and that for Oakeshott and Windsor that their conservative electorates would turn on them, especially if Juliar's government was perceived as a failure.

As for the talks between Morrison and Bowen, there are several indicators that give me hope:

One, that the posturing has stopped and both sides are keeping discussions confidential, which indicates that they are negotiating in earnest.
Two, that Labor is starting to back down, which means they realise that this is killing them in the polls, no matter how they try to share the blame with the coalition.

What I feel is that for the coalition to have buy in to the final outcome, they must be satisfied that it won't be another half rsed labor stuff up to which they get part responsibility, and that they won't accept Nauru being opened just as a gesture.

I foresee that for Labor to get Malaysia as well as Nauru, they will need to implement at least the TPVs.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 24 December 2011 12:45:07 PM
Belly, your thanks to others for you education is magnanimous.

I admit to being bit miffed that you left me off your list, but perhaps you only wish to mention those you have squabbled with, or sought apologies from.

You listed one that is never wrong, even in the face of all evidence to the contrary, and when major government departments and the leader of his/her own political party disagree with him/her.

Even better, he/she has 20/20 foresight so that all one need do is read OLO to see how each day will end, a horror-scope!

Regarding your forecast for Mr Abbott, whether he stays or whether he goes, it's all good!

Enjoy your holidays too.
Posted by Luciferase, Saturday, 24 December 2011 2:47:33 PM
Belly and Lexi,
Happy Christmas to both of you and to your families.

Interesting next year, will Rudd make a comeback? Some say yes, I wont predict. Belly says Abbott will go. Spose that could be but while he is leading the polls why should the libs change. Gillard is doing a good self distruct job.

Anyway tomorrow is a family day and boxing day will see me glued to the box watching the start of the Sydney-Hobart and following by tracker on the PC for next few days, indispersed with cricket updates.

Hope my young and favourate team does well, but weather could be rough, a big test for young ones.

Happy Christmas everyone.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 24 December 2011 3:42:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. All