The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > They call them the No-alitiom

They call them the No-alitiom

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
It's a catchy phrase, but let's just look at what they have said no to.

The carbon tax. Gee, the rest of the developed world has also said no.

The mining tax. They may have said no to this tax, but they are not opposed to Australians getting a better deal from our resources,, as they have suggested a common sense approach, that being increasing royalties.

The Malisian solution. They have said no, simply because of the way this country treats it's people.

So in essence, yes, they are the No-alitiom, and thank god for that.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 13 December 2011 7:41:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Despite all the public posturing, the LNP still allow most of those previously and publicly contentious bills to get through virtually unchallenged.

Remember the first big Abbott scare challenge when he took over from Turnbull - the ALP Maternity Leave plan that was going to bankrupt the nation?

When the Bill came up for debate - silence. It passed virtually unchallenged while they looked around for the next subject of public media outrage.

In parliament they only pursue those subjects that have been pre-primed by their media spin cronies and would generate the most public fear.

It's just spin and fluff for the media. Like Keating's description of Andrew Peacock when he was Opposition Leader - "all feathers and no meat".

When the public debate turns to real policy instead of spin, the tide will go out and they'll be seen to be swimming naked.
Posted by wobbles, Wednesday, 14 December 2011 1:01:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rechtub good morning bloke, I truly, wish you, for that matter every single poster and our hosts a great Christmas.
I will not get my Aussie one, the one I have dreamed of all my life.
Being the eldest/host stifles my plans.
Mine would be Gum leaves around the house.
Sea food on the table, maybe more than one bar b q sausage and onion sandwiches.
Oh the beer will be there 4x gold, and just about every popular drink.
I hope Santa brings you what you want, and if it was possible my gift would be with one of those beers and sausage sangers, a parcel of understanding.

Just a glimpse, out from under mate that potato sack you have over your head.
Have a great one this year every one.
Santa brings Gillard the Axe in 2012 Abbott gets a chance to watch some one else in his job.
We live in interesting times.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 14 December 2011 4:02:02 AM
when no
means KNOW*

know what your getting into
it sounds too much like know

its all in the know
for those in ther know

[heck readers are few and far inbetween
when they hear no...then the spin is KNOW*

now ya know
the backroom thugs are numb as well as dumb
al-being sleazy..thunk of that one

lol
the poor deluded ol dude
he thinks he is in the know
yet dont no what he cant know

civility
not slowgains
knowing why we say no
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 14 December 2011 11:09:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oug, how can anyone take you seriously when you continue to post in riddles.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 15 December 2011 2:59:43 PM
Dear Rehctub,

I understand every creative word.
Posted by Lexi, Thursday, 15 December 2011 6:28:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy