The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Economic Management, the NBN and LNP.

Economic Management, the NBN and LNP.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
over 190 country's, yesterday took the stick to Sir NO on climate change.
History has already made comments seen here living Satire.
I get the feeling the same will be seen in this issue.
I too, feel no self examination will take place.
No how did I let myself fall for that thoughts.
Such is life for those who place a blindfold over their minds on any issue and buy/sell a party line with little concern for truth.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 12 December 2011 5:57:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
T2, the whole problem stems from labor's inability to run the economy, without blowing out the credit card.

Now if they (labor) could just run things in the black, there would be no need to sell anything, as things are usually only sold to repay debts.

In fact, the main agenda behind the mining tax is to repay debt, as there is simply nothing left to sell.

So instead of accusing the LNP of selling us out, you and your supporters would be better off finding a way for labor to stop wasting money.

We will always have changes in government, as people simply can't leave well enough alone and need a change, it's just a pity that not all governments are capable of keeping the bank balance in credit.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 12 December 2011 7:23:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Durban was a Bust. The Much heralded conference with the aim to produce an agreement to supersede the Kyoto protocol produced no emissions reduction agreement, only an "agreement" to begin negotiations, with a target date for completion in 4 years with no inherent targets and a start date not before 2020.

This is at best face saving window dressing, and worth as much as Neville Chamberlain's peace deal with Hitler.

We have 4 years of bureaucrats and greenies living off the hog, with still no guarantee of any results.

Juliar Gillard and Labor are isolated, and have taken Australia on a solo crusade with the world's highest carbon price.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 12 December 2011 7:40:14 AM
What happened to your $40 / ton prediction. You are scratching around in the bottom of a barrel. Trying to find some grit.
Posted by 579, Monday, 12 December 2011 8:12:26 AM

I never made any prediction of $40/t. I was referring to the productivity report which indicated that a $40/t price on Carbon dioxide was required before it became economical to shift from coal generation to gas. For those with an IQ this means that there will be no significant reduction in emissions with the carbon tax as it stands. All the "reductions" come from buying shonky carbon credits from overseas.

The topic of the thread was the NBN whose updates to the corporate plan is the best kept secret of the labor party and makes a complete mockery of Juliar's promise of transparency.

The estimates from industry professionals and the NBN's own consultants are that the NBN is not going to be completed anywhere south of $50bn, with running costs exceeding that of the corporate plan by billions, and several years after the announced date. The NBN is a black hole into which Labor is pouring taxpayers' money, and hiding the waste by posting the company at book value.

The NBN is no longer looking like a white elephant, but more like a Ponzi scheme of the type that got Madoff locked up for life.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 12 December 2011 9:25:31 AM
I think a special award should have gone to Liberal ex-Premier Fahey who had the wonderful idea of selling off the NSW Bank for the equivalent of 14 months worth of profits.

Some may suggest this was criminal but I thinks it's more a matter of looking after one's political mates and sponsors.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 12 December 2011 12:26:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy