The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Boys need a father, but girls not so much

Boys need a father, but girls not so much

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I'm glad you got a laugh, Dream On. I thought that the idea of others' misfortunes might tickle your funny bone.
Sociopaths often respond that way.
Posted by Antiseptic, Thursday, 1 December 2011 1:59:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am of the view that you will have to do better than that if you expect people to take you seriously *AntiSeptic*

Yes, I was going to mention *Hercules* but then didn't. However, it popped up in my mind after a quick BING search landed me on a dictionary site with a Greek Codex graphic on the page.

Then, thinking about you, I am wondering what you did wrong to lose your family, if that is what occurred?

No, whilst I am of my own awareness but a flawed and imperfect Human Being, and whilst ever cautious, short of a lobotomy or something similar I will not lose my insight and thus in part of my own making, the *Herculean Curse* to harm ones *BeLuveds* will not be my portion.
Posted by DreamOn, Thursday, 1 December 2011 2:27:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually, Dream on, my children enjoy a shared care arrangement in which they choose which home they want to be in on any given occasion.

Of course, they don't have a sociopathic "mum's boyfriend" to worry about, so they're quite happy.
Posted by Antiseptic, Thursday, 1 December 2011 2:33:52 PM
DreamOn:

...On the subject of drink; its an interesting one. I believe drinking has a correlation with release of primordial instincts. Instincts will always override personal cognition. Personal cognition equates into social cognition, but it’s the personal cognition I refer to. I believe that “hate” is the most exquisite of human emotions, and is deeply underlying; a primordial instinct of great danger when uncontrolled.

...As in my story of John above, he was “possessed” by an overt hatred. One couldn’t take John anywhere without a problem going with him. (What are friends for)?

...Another feature of hate, is its crudeness, and because of the primordial inheritance, is blind, immature and childish. It shows little care for targets and will just as happily redirect the energy back into itself (the owner).

...Once released or untethered, it must go somewhere; thus the “complex”. So, just as a balloon takes on more and more air until the inevitable rupture, so do the complexes. Drinking is more a personal issue of safety, in this regard, and not entirely a moral issue, as many suppose. Once the fortification of morality around the complex is dissolved though, by the effects of the alcohol, all hell breaks loose in the individual, and what is left is the correlation between crime and alcohol: The two black horses drawing the cart of disaster.

...It becomes important for the individual to acknowledge the complex make-up of the results of child abuse, (or any other abuse, it has all the same markings). It could be likened to living with a chronic disease, and from observation, are generally similarly incurable. The best doctors advice is, don’t drink at all, that’s as “Good” as life gets! Chemical happiness is strictly for the self-deluded.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 1 December 2011 2:36:01 PM
I think this is correct because I got a boy and a girl. My girl isn't really that defiant but my baby boy is. I went to the principals office twice this week because of misbehavior and disrespecting his teachers. Their school counselor suggested to send him to a military school
[ http://www.militaryschools411.com/ ] because it would greatly help him with his issues and discipline will be reinforced on him. I think boys really need a father figure and girls needs their mother. Because mothers are more loving and caring while fathers are more of the disciplinarian. Agree?
Posted by ShayMitch, Friday, 2 December 2011 10:00:47 AM
Dear ShayMitch,

I think you can't really make sweeping statements like -
"Mothers are more loving and fathers are disciplinarians,
et cetera." Those statements don't allow for individual
differences. I've known some horrid mothers and loving
fathers and vice versa. As far as your young son is
concerned - I'd get a second opinion and investigate
his school situation more closely - before sending him
anywhere.

There could be a variety of reasons
for his behaviour. It may not be entirely his
fault. I remember when my son got badly beaten
at the private school he was attending and we simply
asked for an explanation from the Principal as to what had
happened. The Principal's attitude was - "How dare we presume
to question the authority of the school?"
We weren't aware that was what we had done.
All we asked for was an explanation -
which as parents, I thought was quite a reasonable
request. Anyway, we ended up removing our son from that
particular school. He ended up thriving at his new
school. And, since then, the private school has acquired a
bad reputation for the amount of bullying and loutish
behaviour - that goes on
there. I wish you success in getting to the bottom of
your child's difficulties. But as I said - look into the
matter a bit further. There's reasons for his behaviour
that you may not be aware of.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 2 December 2011 11:09:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy