The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Boys need a father, but girls not so much

Boys need a father, but girls not so much

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Oh, I have a couple of very fond memories of my Step Father beating the Sh!t out of my biological father.

mmmm ..

In this case, like Step Father like Son.

And now I am also a Step Father who considers it an honour and a privilege to keep a child safe from the horrors of a neglectful biological father or other filth that well meaning or otherwise, would indirectly or otherwise do her harm.
Posted by DreamOn, Monday, 28 November 2011 4:37:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DreamOn,

you write

'Some of you people, particularly the religious half wits who strut about in a fanciful bubble of bloated moronic belief are a menace, and some of you, especially the HomoPhobes and the Rock Spider Child Abusers and Stealers well deserve capital or corporeal punishment i.m.o.'

it shows taking your father away did not take away the bitterness displayed in such a vile rant
Posted by runner, Monday, 28 November 2011 4:41:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why don't you tell us about the "Benevolent Society" of child stealers *Runner* amongst others?

Child abusers deserve no mercy *Runner* whether they believe that they were doing it for *Jesus* or otherwise i.m.o.

In fact, the ones that say *Jesus* possibly deserve to be flogged more. Amazing, you think to abuse and steal children for *Jesus* and get away with it because it was culturally acceptable to do so.

It was also culturally acceptable to slaughter and rape the Original Australians but in my mind your desire to pardon those involved goes to aid and albeit the original crimes.

No, I do not forgive you and intend to do my bit to see the filth that infests the church and guvment brought to justice.
Posted by DreamOn, Monday, 28 November 2011 5:49:44 PM
DreamOn:

...One lesson learned from child abuse over time, and by observation, child abuse is a double-edged sword. Be wary! The secondary edge of the same sword stalks the victim into adulthood, with a vicious determination
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 28 November 2011 9:10:37 PM
Dream On, I'm afraid I don't have a "case" to "put up" and I wouldn't if I did, since to do so would be in breach of the non-identification provisions of the Family Law Act and the Child Support Acts.

I'm sorry you resent your father so much and I do hope you can get over whatever it is that drives what is obviously some considerable hatred.

However, if you're interfering between a child and their father, I have nothing but contempt for you. The fact that you had a disturbed upbringing is no reason to inflict the same thing on some other person's child.

Grow up.
Posted by Antiseptic, Tuesday, 29 November 2011 4:56:16 AM
In thinking about his question I tried to imagine what it would have been like growing up with either just mum or just dad.

Either choice was unthinkable, as my parents together added their own positives and negatives to the task of raising children. One complemented or counteracted the other.

It is important to acknowledge the importance of both parents in childrens' lives even if those parents are no longer together. However, having one good parent is better than having two parents (biological or otherwise) if the presence of the other means abuse or violence. In this case a single parent is always the better option until the male/female figure can be replaced with a better role model.

Boys benefit from a father figure, ideally the biological father but where that is not possible, an uncle, stepfather, teacher, priest, grandfather or family friend. I also think girls benefit from a father figure and boys from a maternal influence.

Raising children with the cooperation of both parents in the case of marriage breakdown is of course the ideal, but unfortunately all too often human failings and personal resentments may impede this goal. It never ceases to amaze me how feelings of personal revenge override the love and wellbeing of a child and this scenario is not limited to one gender.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 29 November 2011 10:08:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy