The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is being 14 an excuse

Is being 14 an excuse

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
wholly and solely the responsibility of their parents, not governments, not schools or educators.
rehctub,
I agree that's how it should be. Unfortunately, the social engineering do-gooder brigade has ensured it isn't to be that way. Why, even Govt isn't subscribing to that & instead of knocking the drug culture on the head it's providing very expensive & futile drug rehabilitation. There's only one effective way to stop this mindless culture & that is to whack the morons into a camp where practical & physical activities get rewarded with a feed afterwards. No-one exempt. 18-20 Non military National Service & anyone against this put their money where their mouth is. Let them fork out for the damage. Simplistic ? yes, simple solution Yes ! Last but not least spend time in Indonesia to get your eyes opened to how to deal with these selfish & irresponsible morons. Taking or selling drugs you cop the same treatment.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 13 October 2011 7:12:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Dreamon but 14 year olds are in fact old enough to know better;
and these messages we are implying will also be read by the rest of Australians;
And the very last thing we should be teaching people is that nationalism, red tape and emotional manipulation trumps our respect for other people's laws, and if you get into trouble in a poorer country, the government will go out of its way to back you up, and try to bend the rules wherever it can just for you.
Posted by King Hazza, Thursday, 13 October 2011 9:49:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 13 October 2011 6:51:23 AM

" ... Dream on, kids are wholly and solely the responsibility of their parents, not governments, not schools or educators. ... "

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one *RehTub* I don't much like the principal of the law that insists that " ... ignorance of the law is no excuse. ... " and given that many parents are insufficiently aware of the legal system themselves then what chance does a kid have? Not to mention that it changes all the time.

Posted by individual, Thursday, 13 October 2011 7:12:18 AM

" ... There's only one effective way to stop this mindless culture & that is to whack the morons into a camp where practical & physical activities get rewarded with a feed afterwards. No-one exempt. ... "

Responsible adults have the right in this society to choose to consume alcohol and cigarettes, both of which pile up the bodies in the morgue on a daily basis. Some people prefer substance, which whilst illegal here, has yet to be evidenced to kill, though fair enough, is not entirely benign if abused. But most drugs are that way though aren't they? I note further that a THC + CBD spray has been approved for "Multiple Sclerosis" but that the Minister is yet to reply visa vi a CBD spray alone.

Posted by King Hazza, Thursday, 13 October 2011 9:49:47 AM

" ... Sorry Dreamon but 14 year olds are in fact old enough to know better ... "

And what are the facts to back up that assertion? We do know to the contrary that the frontal lobes of the brain take time to develop which is why kids whether they like it or not will usually break down and cry under pressure AND we also know that in order to become a "reasonable and rational legally aware" individual one has to additionally be trained. It doesn't just happen, which is why the education system needs to be modified/upgraded as earlier mentioned i.m.o.
Posted by DreamOn, Thursday, 13 October 2011 12:26:52 PM
*RehcTub*

Maaate! What about a new product, say, "The Crackler?"

A select piece of *pORk,* with the right qualities, including, but not limited to, the right amount of fat under the skin, AND most importantly, value added for the time to cut it right, where when plus salt and oil, for the right temp, for the right amount of time, will come up bEAOOTIFUL!

Mmmmm .. " ... The other wHITe mEAt ... "

You could have it in the window and salt it up with a Big Sick Grinder and oven wrap it straight out, so those folks who only use their kitchens for cuppas and toast, can just come home, heat up the oven, and slam it in.

I cannot recall ever getting a piece of pork for crackling that ever had its skin cut right.

I did a 1.5kg shoulder for $AU9:00 plus True Blue Spice Island Spices Cooking under the BBQ hood hot crackle, cold sandwiches and a few sweet apple curries for a bit later down the track.

There seems to be a bit more room in the value added niches to bring *pORKy* up a few notches - if you have the right client base to support it that is.
Posted by DreamOn, Thursday, 13 October 2011 12:44:15 PM
Dreamon, actually I DO know how the child's brain develops;
And most of the adult development occurs before the child reaches high school.

The fact that even I knew better when I was many years younger than him speaks for itself.
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 21 October 2011 8:28:20 AM
I am very pleased with Hamas Palestina and the Yahoodees visa vi their prisoner exchange. Yes .. very pleased. hopefully, the "good things of life" will be shared for a whiles to come and continue to be added to.

Otherwise *King Hazza* we'll have to agree to disagree on both the medical and legal arguments.

This kid, apparently, in an intoxicated state, went on a "ding-a ling" run bragging about what he had done, was doing and intended to continue doing. (I note though that I really haven't heard a full set of allegations regarding the facts)

If that is true, clearly he had no real understanding of the potential repercussions.

I was brought up in a household where smoking weed was acceptable, and also in my case it led to trouble. So much trouble in fact, even more than 20+ years afterwords, for the petty amount of less than 2grams, I still get nothing but sh!t from the p!gs in the customs department.

Once a criminal, always a criminal in this tin pot little sh!t hole.

I would spare this child if it were up to me from being potentially permanently scarred in the school of hard knocks.
Posted by DreamOn, Friday, 21 October 2011 11:45:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy