The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is being 14 an excuse

Is being 14 an excuse

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I wonder how much our education system is teaching about the implications of drugs.
I venture to think not much judging by the number of young people involved. Is being 14 an excuse ? I think not. I have been offered to have a "smoke" as a youngster but I knew then that it was a mindless thing to do. Mind you I made some pretty ignorant decisions later in life. I find it very difficult to see how anyone from say 8 years on can plead ignorance of taking drugs. If only Australia or indeed the West were a tenth as tough on drugs as Indonesia. We could be a good society.
Posted by individual, Monday, 10 October 2011 6:28:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, not that long ago I remember you batting for that Rush guy who was involved in the Bali 9 .

Where was your respect for their laws then, I ask.

As for pre judging him, I am not.

Everything I have said is alleged, and nothing more, other than the facts already known, which are, h had a drug problem at 14, or younger and, his parents were having treatment provided for him.

For that very reason I still have to wonder what on earth prompted them to take him to a place like Bali., known full well of the possible cosequesnces shoukd he be caught in the act there.

It is for this very reason why I feel they should foot the cost of this, not me or us.

We already dip into t pot to much now. This can't continue.

People must be held accountable for their actions.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 10 October 2011 8:58:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub, agreed that on the face of it taking a kid with allegedly known drug problems to somewhere like Bali does seem like a very odd choice.

Robert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 10 October 2011 10:31:23 AM
Hasbeen:”I wonder if now we will see a rush of parents, with troublesome teenagers, taking them to Bali for a short, to be extended, holiday?”

Hahaha.

Retchub: “Is the fact that the latest arrest in Bali, for drugs, involves a minor an excuse for forgiveness.”

Yeah mate it is. Because (far as I know) he was raised here so he’s our problem and raised with an expectation of being forgiven until around 18 years old.

He is a child in the eyes of his own govt, dumb child maybe but still a child. Lexi makes a good point about cleaning up our own backyard but he is from our own backyard and if anyone is going to give him a clip it should be us.

Yep we should pay the bill, we pay for all sorts of stupid injustices here concerning children without question.
Posted by Jewely, Monday, 10 October 2011 2:50:28 PM
Here in Australia thanks to social engineers their is little to no consequence for crime. Most kids are either fatherless or have an emasculated father. The feminisation of our education system and judiciary has led to young boys being totally confused about manhood. Being 14 is an excuse because our failed system has made it an excuse. Interesting enough the same people claiming leniency because of his age would like to see the voting age lowered. THe media made idiots of itself with the Corby case and look like embarassing us again in this case. Hopefully this boy and his parents will learn a lesson but perhaps our media will reward their stupidity by buying their story.
Posted by runner, Monday, 10 October 2011 6:49:15 PM
Yeas I agree jewl, however, this is a different situation as he was caught for drugs in a country that has extremely harsh anti drug laws, albeit, for trafficking.

Of cause it appears he was not trafficking though.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 10 October 2011 6:52:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy