The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Barry O'Farrell, Tortoise or Barnicle?

Barry O'Farrell, Tortoise or Barnicle?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
As I watched the Sussex Street Caliphate and their relatives/ associates treat NSW like its personal banker, I also watched O’Farrell sit like Buddha and just wait. When he finally animated at the most recent Drovers Dog election he promised to address NSW issues via his "Contract with NSW", here is some of it:

Lower taxes and create 100,000 jobs;

Provide electricity rebate of up to $250;

Support small business, cut Red Tape, and appoint Small Business Commissioner:

There are more but these are the ones that drive the economy, and that drives the quality of life the constituents have. Under Labor taxes in NSW grew to almost double the percentage of State GDP compared to other States, and relief from that is what was promised, and to that end he has given approval to the INCREASE of Water and Electricity charges. He has done nothing about easing State taxes or supporting small business.

NSW is an expensive place to live; Sydney is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Utility costs, State taxes, Local taxes, Woolworths, Wesfarmers the Banks and the Oil Companies take all the average Aussies income. The electorate had a gutful and turned to Barry, and what has Barry done in the six months since the drover’s dog election, not much.

The Labor government was self serving and appalling, will O’Farrell just live off their ongoing legislated plunder or will he support Small Business as they struggle against the Big Two. Will he get the events and tourists back by governing the State and protecting the capital city from ideological prosperity murderers like Clover Moore and the myriad of Local Bureaucrats given that cutting Red Tape was in his “Contract with NSW”.
There is little use going through what he has done, except to mention his caving to the CSG money, but that begs the question, Tortoise or Barnacle, hope to god its Tortoise, and if it is, get a sky rocket up it because things are no better for the six months Barry has been emperor, perhaps the emperor has no clothes.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 20 September 2011 5:21:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As time passes I will get more unimpressed with the bloke.
He is miss using his mandate, but that mandate was huge.
He set no targets tow in office other than the one he needed most, to remove my party.
Historical for me, I voted with a third of my fellow Labor voters against my party.
Big Barry is fast becoming Labors best assert, Labor, equally fast is returning to its base, and very fast rebuilding honesty.
But even with Labors best efforts and Barry's worst, it should be 8 years before Barry has concerns.
Few, very few,understand how the upper house slows action.
How many know, or care that the bloke has had to deal with two shooters party and a religious nut!
Fred Nile is a pest and yes a nut, I judge him to have turned 4 away from his God for every one he bought.
Shooters? I once loved the sport, am for it not against it, gun control is too harsh.
But these two?
Barry never promised us a rose garden, Conservatives are conservative.
He is spending more time swimming in federal politics pond than state peeing in Gillards pool makes him happy.
Do not expect too much, cuts job loss, service loss privatization and a heap of non core promises put away to be recycled.
That what we voted for, Labor should be blamed, for not changing its last 3 leaders fast or often enough.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 21 September 2011 5:59:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SOG,

I don't know too much about NSW's problems
I live in Victoria. However, ever since the
Liberal Ted Baillieu contested the 2010
Victorian state election and was made Premier
he too has reneged on his election promises.

He promised to "rebuild Victoria's infrastructure
in our first term, especially in the crucial area
of public transport." Instead he's put a stop to
projects like - Transport system Myki, LEAP/LINK/
HealthSmart, as well as Regional Rail, Melbourne
Market Redevelopment, Royal Children's Hospital
IT System, Westgate Bridge, just to name a few.

Putting these projects in a "state of limbo," is
short-sighted and irresponsible - serving only to
reward contractors and managers who will be
rewarded with billions of dollars in additional
taxpayers funds.

Hundreds of construction workers have lost their jobs -
and this is only the beginning.
We have a law and order
crisis - which Baillieu brushed aside as being of
"precious little consequence."

He's decided to
overhaul the states Industrial Relations policy.
He's attacking the building and construction
industry in Victoria - and substantially undermining
support for Victorian jobs. He's undermining progress
to support jobs and local business. He's delaying
the desalination plant project - which was nearing
completion and now will end up costing Victorians
a fortune the longer its delayed.

And so it goes. I guess this just proves that
politicians can't be trusted. The hidden agenda of
such a simple statement as "we promise to rebuild
Victoria's infrastructure in our first term,"
reads as follows:

"We shall rebuild Victoria's
infrastructure sometime in the future, subject
to the state of the economy, if the Senate lets us,
if we haven't got more important things to do,
if it suits the bankers, and if there are no more
important measures to win the next election."
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 21 September 2011 7:58:24 AM
A little rich. With 16 years of Labor patronage and jobs for pals to unwind, and the power generation to sell before he can get the cash to actually start doing things.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 21 September 2011 8:34:24 AM
...And what point in enriching corporate contractors with gifts of public utilities, resulting in increasing numbers of unemployed public servants? That is also not good for small business or the community generally, or obviously the cost of power to consumers would be going down, not "through the roof" as it continues to do.

...Just as we the consumer fight for a better deal against examples of the telco's endless war of double speak, guile and plain fraud in their sales push, now we combat the new plague of E/L Co's. Jesus, I'am over it!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 21 September 2011 1:00:19 PM
PS:

If between the walls of OLO dwell any closet electricity salesmen, here is a hint for your comfort,If you don't wish for the same ungracious exit offered with no choice to the last clown attempting to lie his way into my wallet, don't call me, I'll call you!!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 21 September 2011 1:12:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy